Scrap Price's

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
When I lived in southern Oregon in the early 1960's, we had a 20 acre ranch, and my dad got an Avery tractor for around $100.00 and we used it on the ranch. It had an eight volt battery with an electric starter and it always ran, even after sitting out in the snow for a few months. I imagine it was built in the late 1920's to the early 1930's. After he passed away in 1966, Mom sold it and it probably went locally. I understand those tractors are collectible now. It had patina then as well.Up there, nobody had to patina anything. That ocurred naturally.

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
When I lived in southern Oregon in the early 1960's, we had a 20 acre ranch, and my dad got an Avery tractor for around $100.00 and we used it on the ranch. It had an eight volt battery with an electric starter and it always ran, even after sitting out in the snow for a few months. I imagine it was built in the late 1920's to the early 1930's. After he passed away in 1966, Mom sold it and it probably went locally. I understand those tractors are collectible now. It had patina then as well.Up there, nobody had to patina anything. That ocurred naturally.
Good little tractors, I had 3 total the first was the common single front wheel, 3 speed, hand brakes, pto and draw bar. I actually pulled an old 5’ bush hog and it was all it wanted but I could mow with it. I bought the 2nd one not knowing it was an Avery, it was painted MM yellow and with MM badges. I pulled it out of a barn blown down by a tornado and hood and gas tank were totaled. I noticed that it looked a lot like the older Avery, started asking some of the old guys about it and found out that MM bought out Avery and repainted the stock. This one was a 4 speed, dual front tires, hydraulics, 3 point hitch, front end loader. I moved snow with it.

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes, I am usually dropping the BF when referring to my Avery’s. I had a Avery pull type plow that was a green color like your picture. Can’t remember if it was a 2 or 3 bottom, but my little guy’s couldn’t do much with it.