Sending Unit Help?

DENNISJR60

I BOUGHT A NEW SENDING UNIT AND EVER SINCE I'VE HAD IT MY GAUGE HAS READ EMPTY. WELL I PULLED IT OUT TODAY AND MY FLOAT IS FULL OF GAS SO IT JUST STAYS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK. WHAT DO I DO??????? THANKS!

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
that sinking feeling...

The float can be replaced. Most just clip onto the arm. They can also be repaired (the brass soldered ones, that is). Let a gauge
shop do that.

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dennis - I had the same problem with my new sending unit. I had to replace it. My local auto parts house had the part that I needed.
TomO

DENNISJR60

WHEN I GO TO MY AUTO PARTS STORE DO I BRING IT IN WITH ME AND WILL THEY KNOW WHAT IT IS? IF I WANT TO GET MINE FIXED, WHAT IS A GAUGE SHOP?

P.S. IT REALLY SUCKS TO BUY SOMETHING NEW AND HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT.

bobs409

Administrator
If it's made out of brass, couldn't you just completely dry it out and then just soldier it yourself? Should take minutes to do.

bobs409

Administrator
Find the hole and enlarge it a bit. That may allow any liquid to drain. Warming it a bit with a propane torch might help too.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
picture

DQ, just goes to show that the mental image you have of someone is sometimes very wrong. I don't think I had a good picture of you in my mind. Now, I do!!!!!!!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
THAT`S MY SON !!! BOY "O" BOY "O" BOY !!! Got the ol` mans looks don`t he. And Just as smart two,,,

bobs409

Administrator
Ok...that's more information than I needed to know. :D :p

Every post I read of DQ's now makes me laugh with that avatar. It never seems to get old. :D