Shipping cost

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Ask Show Cars to ship to Australia, I tried to give them a $1300,00 USD order nearly $ 2000.00 AUD, they refused to even take the order because they stated they would not ship to Australia. So I got all parts via Falcon Global and Summit.

Just for shits and giggles, I get Lighting product out of Europe, I fly it out, last shipment was about 1400lb, cost $ 15,000.00 AUD plus duties and taxes.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ask Show Cars to ship to Australia, I tried to give them a $1300,00 USD order nearly $ 2000.00 AUD, they refused to even take the order because they stated they would not ship to Australia. So I got all parts via Falcon Global and Summit.

Just for shits and giggles, I get Lighting product out of Europe, I fly it out, last shipment was about 1400lb, cost $ 15,000.00 AUD plus duties and taxes.
What did you do to upset show cars Grub! I got an order from them a few months ago without any problem, but then it was about $300 worth and just small..

I hear you on your freight out of Europe. We fly a lot of stuff from Germany on a weekly basis and it makes me cry every time I see the bills come through. But we still have to keep our machines running.

Gav

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a customer in the Netherlands that buys product 2-3 time a year. I ship his parts to a freight broker in Illinois that puts together containers for him.
Jeff

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
1970 Tempest quarter panel ordered in Nov. Price about $500, shipping $550 arrives in May
How far away do you live from the vendor?? Is it feasible to drive there and maybe buy some additional parts?? Make it worth it to you, Carmine.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
9"X7"X6" package...22 ounces Went to USPS and UPS websites to get an estimate. USPS wasn't too bad to navigate....$11+ but the UPS website was a clusterf***finally just called them...they said $24+....I said for 22 ounces...yup.

Shop around....

Oh BTW, I believe it is next month the UPS drivers negotiate a new contract.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I found that the USPS calculator is very accurate. The UPS calculator always comes in lower than the actual price, so I don't bother with them anymore. FedEx calculator is usually pretty accurate. FedEx is cheaper than USPS on larger packages shipped in the lower 48.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Trying to ship a Cowl Vent Grille from VA to CT. Ouch, prices are getting ridiculous. USPS wants $87, UPS, $78. I decided to try Fedex as you have mentioned, not much of a difference. In the middle of the two at $84.
If you got the UPS quote off their on-line price calculator, you might want to get a quote from the actual shipping location. The few times I used the on-line calculator, were the few times I screwed myself by under charging shipping. And it wasn't just a dollar or two difference. Could be just me, I guess.

62BillT

Well Known Member
If you got the UPS quote off their on-line price calculator, you might want to get a quote from the actual shipping location. The few times I used the on-line calculator, were the few times I screwed myself by under charging shipping. And it wasn't just a dollar or two difference. Could be just me, I guess.

Appreciate the info as there is nothing like communication, but I usually have good luck with the UPS calculator. So far anyway, lol. I'm either right on the button or just a dollar or two off, which ain't too bad. Most of those times because I'm off on the weight a little.