Six 94s on an Offy intake

dubya31

I purchased an Offy intake and have six 94s to rebuild for my W. Are there any good articles yor aware of for modifying and rebuilding the 94s to make a streetable setup? I'm using an Eelco progressive throttle linkage. I'm installing it on my 31 tudor. I need some help and I know this is the best place to get it.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Vintage speed has all the parts you need

:scratch I have 6 deuce eddy manifold and 6 rochester 2g carb's. I got all the re-build kits and bases from vintage with tuning instructions. In your case there are new Repops available if you need. On the Eddy manifold the carb mounts are placed all the way out board on the manifold which required putting 1 inch spacers under the carbs for linkage arms to clear the valve covers I had to raise to clear roller rockers. If your linkage is all intact and working properly half your battle is solved cause you need the end carbs completely closed to tune the centers and then adjust the linkage to pick up where you want and get the accelarator pumps on the end carbs squirting right for the added air until the main ckt regulates in them.:)

BB1960

Well Known Member
Sweet. I'm loving all the photo's of the cross rams, 6x2's on the site. we dont get much of it here in Melbourne. Most shows I go to I'm lucky if I even see another 60 chev amidst the see of the tri-fives...

Aducati4me

Well Known Member
Hello from Colorado. I'm looking for someone who has a little experience with jetting my 6x2 Rochester setup. I purchased it about 9 years ago from a company who bought a Offenhauser 6x2 manifold and threw a bunch of junkyard carburetors at it, bent some SS fuel lines and then put a cheesy linkage system on it, made it look purty and said it was all jetted and ready to go. Needless to say I have been rebuilding each one and trying to make it right. I'm looking for jetting suggestions for what I have. If someone can help out to get it close I'd really appreciate it.

1964 Chevy 409 bored and stroked to 474ci
Offenhauser 6x2 manifold separated side to side. 3 carbs feed each side. Think log.
9.25:1 compression ratio
GM iron W heads with 1.94 Intake and 1.65 exhaust
Isky 0922 cam. 525 lift 264 duration 214 @.50 110 lobe separation
3.55:1 posi rearend, built 700r4
2 1/2" dual exhaust exiting in front of rear tires with flowmaster super 44s
6100' elevation
6 Rochester 2gv carbs. Center 2 are primaries, front and rear secondaries no idle stuff
Timing 12btdc to 38 MSD distributor with MSD blaster 2 coil

I have pulled each one apart and documented my findings and they are all over the place. The plan is to purchase a new matching set of Venturi clusters, power valves and power pistons for the center 2 and a few other parts to make them all match. Since they are a royal PITA to take on and off if someone could offer jetting
suggestions to get me as close as possible I would be forever greatful.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
What's in it now? Is it running rich or lean? As an aside,these engines don't generally like more than 34 degrees total.

Aducati4me

Well Known Member
It's in a 1958 Chevy Impala. It's running lean. When I cross referenced all the carb numbers a few came off 72 vegas and the others were from SBC's. The idle tubes are different sizes which is why I'm getting new clusters so they are the same size. The main jets vary in size from .054 to .060. I made a new linkage system with heim joint ends so I can get spot on with the synchronization. And thanks, I will check my advance again when I get it running. I might have just remembered it wrong.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Do you know Gary Jespersen in Colorado Springs???? He could probably point you in the right direction for some local gear heads.

Aducati4me

Well Known Member
Hi Phil. Yes I know Gary quite well. Painted my 58 Delray in his booth a couple months ago. One of the nicest guys i think I have ever met. He is a good resource too.

Thanks Don that's exactly where I was thinking of starting. Any thoughts on idle tube size? The drivers side idles good and its a .024 tube size. I thought to small but I looked at the passenger side and it's a .034 and still seemed to lean. My thought is to switch the Venturi cluster with another that's the same size as the drivers side. Then open them up a little at a time till I get a good balanced vacuum.
I also lapped in the throttle plates and put DAG 213 on them so they won't cause a vacuum leak. I know that's important.
Please let me know if you are on the same page or if I need to rethink this. Thanks a ton for your help.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Well,my thought would be that those idle tubes should be the same size on both sides.If you don't already have one on the car,an air-fuel monitering gauge set up would be a sound idea since you can make a change,then see where the engine is actually running.It may well be that those tubes control air flow,not fuel flow,meaning that the bigger the hole,the leaner that circut is.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You would need 2 AFR meters because you are tuning two 4 cylinder engines with this intake.
Always wondered how one could tune on this setup with a 4 lobe distributor.:rub

Aducati4me

Well Known Member
Thanks for all the replies. Y'all are good resources. I will keep you posted. Plan is to block off the corner carbs and just get the centers working the way they should. Then I'll put the other 4 on. If anyone has a better plan I'm all ears.

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
just a short question. so you are running progressive linkage now with the primaries being the centers. When idling if you put your hand over the other sec. carbs is there vacuum present or are the throttle blades sealed tight?