Slow build 1962

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Got a cover made up. Had to order a shift boot yet. View attachment 93198
I'm glad I've been waiting until the next race you show up to so I can install a 4speed in my car. When you show up I'll have the 4speed setting on the ground. You just make it look like yours! :D
(just as soon as I get a 4 speed and my 2dr sedan out of storage.)

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We can do that Randy! It was fun as hell putting it together the first time we met at the track!
I was totally Chicken shit to run it down the track. First time the wagon moved under its own power in 25 plus years. The number of little details to take a car from parked on a trailer in a field forever to racing down the 1/4 mile in a short amount of time is crazy. It worked better than I could have imagined! Notice the extra axles on the ground. Just incase! :laugh2
20171119_221322SMALL.jpg
20190713_145704.jpg
20190714_123840.jpg

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So got the shift boot tonight and it fits decently. Gonna make some brackets for the console next but it won’t look too bad in my opinion. One other thing I am considering is changing to a little bigger scoop to get more airflow in. I found some flow tops that will work with my filters but there just isn’t enough room to fit them in my current scoop I have. I like the look of my current one but the motor wants to breath more. The one I’m looking at is about 1 1/2” taller and about that much shorter in length than my current one. Might take a little to get used to the look of the larger one if I go that route. https://theblowershop.com/shop/dual-carburetor-blower-scoop-kit-5510/06C92284-E3C8-46E7-9E52-4F06A27B2BA7.jpeg

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
take picture's without the shift plate for me also - I have a tall Long Shifter I want to use on a Richmond 5 speed overdrive
I see a gap where tunnel cover does not match the floor - how are you doing that.

Looks like you are going to be ready for July :juggle :clap

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That looks real good Nate when you put carpet in the only thing that will look different is the location of the shift plate. My buddy has a BDS blower and scoop on his AMC gasser, I took some heavy wall aluminum tubbing that fit the top of the carburetors and made filter eliminators by cutting 3 elongated windows into the tubbing. The air cleaner top goes on top to hold the BDS scoop on his carbs. This weekend I will be over his house I will take a couple pictures for you, when racing you would not have any filtration with this setup but no restriction either.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Paul I will send you an email some time about what I did. The gap you see is because the shifter moves to the left more than a standard one and back so I shifted the whole tunnel cover over to the left. That is not actually a gap there at all I made filler panel and welded it to the tunnel cover and had some nomex gasket material from my smoker project that I used to seal it all to the tunnel. You probably won’t have to do as extensive as a modification as I did to fit your shifter. I think long has 2 styles of shifters. A standard style that is like the hurst and another that I would call a rail style. My transmission came with a rail style and takes more room for the mechanism to work. Steve pictures would be great!