Slow build 1962

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Chevrolet used dual disc clutches in heavy duty gas trucks and a few high performance applications way back when.Nate,that thing will work well on the street as long as the discs aren't too aggressive.Your putting in excess of 600 ft.lbs.of torque through there.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don I talked to Cale at black magic clutches and we went through what I am doing with the car and what my setup is and this was one of 2 recommendations he had that we talked about. The other option was a single disc setup but he didn’t think it would last as long as this setup. The weight of the car is the issue so I went this route. Dave I will talk to you at 42!

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Finally put the exhaust back on over the weekend so I can drive on the street. Tried out my 1-2 shift that was having issues with and still didn’t seem real happy so jacked it up and checked over the shift linkage. I found the 1-2 rod was rubbing on the 3-4 rod so I flipped the ear for 3-4 to move it away and give it room. Also noticed the plastic bushings for the linkage look pretty beat up so I ordered the pit pack with metal bushings. I tried the 1-2 shift after flipping the 3-4 ear to clear the 1-2 rod and I could then shift to 2nd when testing both times I tried.41A8E64F-017F-4481-B251-6868007C562D.jpeg

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not really I just use my phone don’t have a desktop computer. When I rotate it in my phone then load it it will load it the position I put it but if I put the picture normal it will automatically rotate it when I load it to the site for some reason.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well edited the picture and now it will stay the way I took it. Had to edit the size to load it to the site and now it’s kinda blurry. Been having issues with that on this site for a bit and don’t know why never used to be a issue.