Soooo Sad

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Thanks for the update Phil. My inner ear hurts just thinking about that needle. But it looks like the future is very positive. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil, glad to here you got some relief if even temporary. Naturally you are in our thoughts and prayers. I like Mayo, had a problem with my shoulder years back and after numerous other DR"S(?) sid nothing wrong doctor in Mayo diagnosed it in about 10 seconds, although by law he still had to run tests to verify. Took a bone off the end of my ccollar bone with a 1" spur. End of problem.

Good luck and bless

Ray

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hang in there, pod-nuh,,, The first 6 months of 2009 may have been crappy for you but the next 6 months are gonna be good. Just a couple of hurdles to jump and you will be back on the Harley. :)

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Phil, give me your honest opinion, what would you compare your prostate biopsy to. For those that have never had one you just won't get it.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
as you said those that haven't been there just won't get it.

my opinion:
How about a cucumber with 8 needles it.....????

Dave

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
One positive out of 12

One positive out of twelve biopsy samples isn't bad, glad to learn you caught it early. That gland was good to us when we were young and stout, but it only houses potential problems (very treatable Cancer if caught early) later in life. With a low PSA and only one sample showing positive, that's really encouraging.

Surgically removing the prostrate seems to be a better option than treating it chemically or going with radiation therapy. You just don't need the thing anymore, so out it goes!

I've had the twelve biopsy samples taken, it's not a fun thing, but you get over it :).

Onward to the treatment!

Best,
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well................I wasn't going to be so descriptive!!!!:eek::eek::cuss:cuss Yes...it hurt but nothing like the shot in the ear!!!!!!!!!!:cry:cry:cry

Just for what it's worth..........they only use the radiation seeds in men that are older and not really able to have the operation. Once the seeds are planted and if they DO NOT work................you are INOPERATABLE!!!! Can't cut you open with the radiation in there.

Best thing to do is STAY YOUNG!!!!!!!!!:roll:roll:roll Getting old is a ***** but certainly better than the alternative!!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I just got around to reading the newest issue of Super Chevy and Phil's raiding is legendary with them. Seems as though Doug Marion caught him raiding some rare 62 parts from Ohio many years ago while restoring the Ault & James car.:brow
What say you now Phil??? First ohio now Texas. What's next? Get well soon.
robert

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Just for what it's worth..........they only use the radiation seeds in men that are older and not really able to have the operation. Once the seeds are planted and if they DO NOT work................you are INOPERATABLE!!!! Can't cut you open with the radiation in there.

Define "older" please.:scratch

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Phil, I guess that's somewhat good news.My wife & I still have you in our prayers.Hope you continue to feel better every day. Butch & Giny:cheers:cheers