Strange Stuff

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
A bit off topic but I always wanted to "bury" a car for some odd reason...

And I now have the perfect spot! I have one large building lot left in my subdivision and it is mainly loose fill and trees so I don't feel like building on that one. The South side of the lot slopes big time down to a fence line. I have maybe 100-150 truck loads of fill on the high side that needs to be pushed over (down the hill to the fence line). The lot goes from the highest point on the entire 5 acres to the lowest point. Perfect spot to fill in with all that fill. I bet half a day with a D9 Cat would do the job. Might have to include a retaining wall to meet local requirements...

If I never get to my 1961 Belair project, that's where it's gonna go when I'm gone :) :) :).

Cheers! TomK

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Back in the 60 's I " buried several cars at sea" actually in our sand pit. Drove a 61 Chev dump truck with a 348 out on the ice. One car in the box and dragging one behind, to fish around. When driving off the pond the third trip I felt the tandems break ice. Good thing I had a little speed up.:doh

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
We were at the Detroit autorama, he's looking for a guy named Scott cornwell that lived in se Michigan