Strickler 1961 409 Biscayne???

Strick

wrench said:
Request permission to add the Chevy photo to my Nostalgia or Racers page on my web site.

Thanks,
Tom

Not a problem. But thanks for asking.

Attached is another photo for your viewing pleasure!

Strick
:brow

Attachments

• 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 98

troublemaker427

Well Known Member
Well my car is an original '66 Fairlane GT 4 spd. It now is powered by a 427 centeroiler block, Edelbrock heads and a tunnelwedge 2 x 4 intake. The heads were done by Kuntz and Co. who are about the best with FE Fords. I use a C-4 automatic and a Coan converter.
The car weighs around 3450 lbs. with me in it. I run the Hoosier 10.5 radial slick. The car has been a best of 9:74 and hopefully will be in the 9:50s next year. We run with the 422 motorsports group and the East Coast Nostalgia SuperStock group. Every now and then we may hit a NSCA race.

My father also owns several FE powered cars. These include a '67 Comet Cyclone 427-410 hp.,'61 Starliner 390-401hp., and a clone '67 Comet 202 427 NSS car(Mr.Twister). Dad ran a '61 Starliner 390-401 in 1961-63 in SS. He says he ate those 348 -409s alive.:clap But he couldn't get by Strick at York!!!!:mad:

We really like all the SS/AFX from that era. Like I said before, I'd own them all if I could. I do enjoy the W-motor motor cars.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
FE corner

Jody:

Between you and your Dad, you seem to have the "FE" market cornered! Great array of fine cars representing my favorite era of the Musclecar. Glad to learn that you are a big Dave Strickler fan, and have some reverance for the "W". It really is quite an accomplishment to be where you are at with your stable of performance cars. Keep 'em pointed forward, with the loud pedal down!

May all our 2006 times be the best ever!

Cheers,
TomK

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
3450lbs @9:70's holy cow I have a buddy that runs a 470ci pontiac in his super gas car it only weighs around 2500lbs and he dont get very deep into the 9.00's flat out!

troublemaker427 said:
Well my car is an original '66 Fairlane GT 4 spd. It now is powered by a 427 centeroiler block, Edelbrock heads and a tunnelwedge 2 x 4 intake. The heads were done by Kuntz and Co. who are about the best with FE Fords. I use a C-4 automatic and a Coan converter.
The car weighs around 3450 lbs. with me in it. I run the Hoosier 10.5 radial slick. The car has been a best of 9:74 and hopefully will be in the 9:50s next year. We run with the 422 motorsports group and the East Coast Nostalgia SuperStock group. Every now and then we may hit a NSCA race.

My father also owns several FE powered cars. These include a '67 Comet Cyclone 427-410 hp.,'61 Starliner 390-401hp., and a clone '67 Comet 202 427 NSS car(Mr.Twister). Dad ran a '61 Starliner 390-401 in 1961-63 in SS. He says he ate those 348 -409s alive.:clap But he couldn't get by Strick at York!!!!:mad:

We really like all the SS/AFX from that era. Like I said before, I'd own them all if I could. I do enjoy the W-motor motor cars.

troublemaker427

Well Known Member
Well you know what FE stands for "Friggin' Expensive"!!!!!LOL I see FE's to the casual Ford fan as the same as a W motor are to a casual Chevy fan. They are both old style motors,not real common and much more expensive to mess with than the more common small and big blocks. That is one reason I like going fast with one. It proves the people that say a 460 Ford is the only "good" Ford big block wrong. I guess you need to be a little hard headed to mess with these old motors but it sure is fun!!!

gearhead409

Well Known Member
the 427 FE with it's short stroke and almost 4 1/4 " bore would still be my choice in a big Ford engine but i bet they are harder to find that a hipo 409. if i remember right, it's the only big ford with a large bore. the other big fords got their size from a longer arm crank.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think everyone else has said the good stuff about you , your dad and your car so I won`t repete any of it !!!

But I must say ,,,, this is the best fun I/we have had with a F**D guy !!!:clap

Welcome !! and thanks for bring Mike Strickler along !!:cheers

And Reall61SS,,,,
PHP:
Heck, I could probably get excited about a 61 Rambler, weelllll, maybe not!!!

I`d bet you`ll like my 60 SW when it`s blown and done !!!!:brow ,,,dq

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
WOW..thanks for joining Strick....I'm "only" 49 but your Pops car is what lit the fire in me for these 409's...they were the beginning of a horsepower war that culminated in 1970...I still prefer the A/FX and factory SS stuff to this day....that red 61 is absolutely the coolest...thanks for sharing.

Bob

Strick

I’d like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I'm enjoying it already.:roll
I am usually the only Chevy guy around when I am with Jody so it’s good to see the tables turned here on this board.:stooges

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mike and Jody,
Welcome and let us say it's great to have you on this site. You'll find that these are the best car guys anywhere and yes we are like family. You both bring what this site is about, showing that the old iron that made drag racing can still run with the best of them!!!:bow :bow I am so looking forward to both of your posts and meeting both of you. Thanks for coming aboard. Mike, I don't think that there is anyone on this site or that has ever drag raced that doesn't regard your father as a drag racing pioneer and legend!

Tony and Bonnie

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks for posting those pictures Strick!:clap

:bow Wow! Nice car Troublemaker! I'm pretty much a Chevy guy but one car I've always wanted was a Black 63 1/2 Galaxie fastback with a 427 FE.:beerbang