stroker fuel delivery ideas needed

boylunde

So short story here.
I'm building a 58 Nomad, only 2 door, and am building it to look stock from the factory.
Well maybe stock isn't really true.
The body is mounted on an Art Morrison Chassis.
The wheels are 17" and 18" reproductions of 58 hub caps.
The motor I purchased from Barry Taylor a year ago.
Its 409 stroked to 482?
It is backed by a TKO 600 5-speed
9" rear with 3.89 gears.

Now the hard part is carberation... I want it to look stock when I pop the hood, big black air cleaner and all. My desire would be to run a tri-power set up. Does anyone think a stock tri power manifold will flow enough for me to be happy? Mostly easy crusing type driving, but I sorta have a heavy foot, and screw around alot.
I would love it if someone built or could build a fuel injection set up, with three trottle bodies, and a FAST brand ECU....
Any ideas?
Guess I can always run a daul four system. But not available in 58....
Of coures niether was an Art Morrison chassis, or 5-speed

Thanks for any help or advice

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I believe there is a company that makes throttle bodies that look like 2 barrel carbs. Don't know what they flow or who makes them though.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
You should have the big heads from Barry and therefore a 3x2 Chevy intake will not fit.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I believe there is a company that makes throttle bodies that look like 2 barrel carbs. Don't know what they flow or who makes them though.
Barry Grant was making them in the demon carb line but not sure now. i thought they went under:dunno

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm running the OEM 4X2 setup, progressive operation with some tweeking by C&J and I'm simply floored by how nice it runs. I'm sure I am not the first to notice this but having grown up with DP holleys on things I'm impressed. Also have the TKO-600 and 4-11 gears 30" tall tire. Yeah it idles rough but blame that on Aubrey :D, other then that It takes smooth as glass and will lope along at 1500 around town. At 75 on the highway it turnes 2250 and can take full throttle. If I nail it in 1st it just goes with out a hint of hesitation. I did change to 4" power piston springs from 5" so it aclually gets good as can be expected mileage on the highway. I'm running an electric choke conversion so one or two pumps and bang it fires right up when cold.
I can't see the beny from injecting a hot w block.

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a friend that is lead engineer for Painless wiring in Fort Worth....... I saw his design for 3x2 throttle body on a small block .....very neat work..... was in the $2000 range I believe.
He was going to build me one for my 409 build until i went off the 6x2 deep end.
Send me an email at S_Simp@hotmail if you want his contact info. -Steve

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
They had a single 4 in 58. You can gat a single 4 throttle body to feed 550-600 horse.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the factory setup works on my '61. I currently am running the factory intake, carbs and linkage. The carbs were rebuilt by SMI a few years back, and have no chokes. It doesn't get that cold here, but it has been down to 30 or so and it will get well into triple digits in the summer. Once the car is lit up, it just runs and idles perfectly. No leaks, no nothing. The only non-stock item is a Holley regulator set to 6.5 psi or so. It doesn't have any obvious flat spots on the street, and seemed to work OK at the shootout this year. Pretty good carbs for antiques!