SUPER CHEVY Kansas City

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey rstreet

Do you have more info about that event in Petersburg Va at Tommy's?

Would like to make it down for that...........:cool:

:cheers
bj

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
KC Super Chevy

Is anyone planning on attending KC Super Chevy? It is Aug. 17, 18 & 19.

TomO

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That's my birthday. Phil will probably send me a ticket, great guy that he is.:D :rolleyes:
:roll

Cecil..........I called my travel agent and have booked round trip tickets for you and Francey on Braniff..............................

Oh.............didn't Braniff go bankrupt????!!!!:roll :roll :roll

Put Francey up front on your WWII trainer and come on in!!!!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
The weekend before your event is the big event at Petersburg Va. at Tommy Nolen's and I want to see both of his 61's (the chevy and the F**d) I have already registered my car(hope he doesn't make too much fun of mine)."

Robert.....it's the other way buddy....I was hoping you wouldn't make fun of mine!!! This is just a fun show, they do some judging but it's nothing serious. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

As for the Super Chevy Shows.. lately they have been a big dissapointment in the east, I'll be interested to know what kind of turn out they get out there. I attended the one in Buds Creek Md and the one here at Va. Motorsports Park. Ken Walsh was there but not running the W cars. The only W car was the Carolina Thunder car.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Tommy,
I was at the Super Chevy event at Maple Grove the weekend before the BSC. The only W cars there were Allen George's and a white 63 I wasn't familiar with. Kenny was there and we talked a bit but he had his 63 Vette nitro coupe. I didn't have a lot of time and was only able to spend a few hours on Friday but over all I was disappointed.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil..........I called my travel agent and have booked round trip tickets for you and Francey on Braniff..............................

Oh.............didn't Braniff go bankrupt????!!!!:roll :roll :roll

Put Francey up front on your WWII trainer and come on in!!!!

Thanks Phil. Bankruptcy is not a problem. Other airlines will honor them. Now what was the name of your travel agent?:deal
:D :roll

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks Phil. Bankruptcy is not a problem. Other airlines will honor them. Now what was the name of your travel agent?:deal
:D :roll

Cecil..........she is part of a large travel firm Dewey, Cheatum, & Howe!! Tell her to be sure to use my Discover card that is on file!!!! Then you will Discover that I don't have one!!!!:roll :roll :roll

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
Hey tomo. Its been on my mind for a while also. Id like hear from a couple of people that have done it before. Do you have to register for sat and sun. Or can you just show up for one day? AS you all know my car is far from finished and is not a car I would enter in a judged show. But going to hang out and say I have been to one would be cool and hopefully meet a few from the boards. (And make a few passes) Any one have some experience with super chevy, Would that kind of plan fit in with what they do?

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil..........she is part of a large travel firm Dewey, Cheatum, & Howe!! Tell her to be sure to use my Discover card that is on file!!!! Then you will Discover that I don't have one!!!!:roll :roll :roll

Darn,I just checked and it seems that I may have a schedule conflict so you're off the hook this time but I really appreciate your offer and look forward to taking you up on it at a later date.:D :roll

Actually I will be coming your way probably later this month or early Sept on my annual ancestor hunting foray back to the midwest and east coast. At least that's what I tell my wife. I do intend to drop in and expect the full shop tour in return for selling you my SS trans at such a discount. I can't be more specific on the date 'cause that would give you enough warning to plan to be out of town.:rolleyes:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
trip

Cecil......you and Francey are welcome to spend the night with Candy & I. The whole tour of the shop will take approximately 4 hours and will cost 25 cents. On the last tour, the tourist got a free beer and 17 cents change!!!!:roll :roll

Let me know when you want to come through. With Candy being retired now...my social calendar is really filling up!! We might be in the misdt of a small remodelling project while you are here. I'm adding a 3rd axle to the house to help support the new slide-out!! We just put in the polyester curtains and the redwood deck this spring. Just trying to keep up with the neighbors!!!:roll :roll

My shop looks just like yours except..........you are more organized than I am!!! But then you have more time to do that than I do!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I called Ken Walsh yesterday to see if he would be here this weekend. He said no. He was at Joliet, IL SC last weekend but won't be here this weekend.

I asked how he liked his new nitro coupe. I believe it's a 63 Corvette...not sure. But his best time is 6.09 @ 232 MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder if that car has a second seat!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

He said the 63 is runing good but he's not taking it out as much now.

He is scheduled to be at the Tulsa Super Chevy in either Sept. or Oct. Hey...Floyd & Travis........road trip!!!!!!