SuperStocker409, New Guy and have an addiction

Hey guys, Long time lurker, first time posting. I reside in North Carolina (damn Yankee transplant) My Old stomping grounds was upstate NY, and Good ole Lebanon Valley Dragway. I have resided here in NC for a bit and currently on the journey / quest to build a 1962 S/S car to compete in a local series down here. Found me a possibly candidate to start redoing and look forward to receiving some tips, tricks and suggestions from the veterans and even post the rebirth here on the forum.

Thanks guys, hopefully have more news soon. I have been looking for a while now, and located 2 cars that would work with what I am looking to do both $$ wise, and work wise. Acquired all the normal catalogs, and searching articles,pictures ETC, ETC. also have class rules (LOTS of gray areas there, and as all the great racers/builders they say "If its not in the rules there isn't a rule")

La Hot Rods

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Interesting, I have seen they are running some S/S car in their group.
I would like to see their rules, not sure I could make any of those events or not.

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, I initially was intrigued by this SEGA S/S series until I read their rules and everything I own is light years from being eligible. Pretty strict rules and I don’t know what to think about a “performance equalizer plate” under everybody’s carburetor to be distributed at each event. Anyway, welcome aboard & good luck to you!

Well, I initially was intrigued by this SEGA S/S series until I read their rules and everything I own is light years from being eligible. Pretty strict rules and I don’t know what to think about a “performance equalizer plate” under everybody’s carburetor to be distributed at each event. Anyway, welcome aboard & good luck to you!
Thanks mark, and YES SEGA is known for being "Period Correct / strict."