SuperStocker409, New Guy and have an addiction

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I like the concept, it looks like their rules are more restrictive than some I have seen. It's hard to know when to allow deviations from "period correct" and when not to. Nevertheless, I am sure the racing is pretty intense.

Oh, and I would never entertain a restrictor plate

SuperStocker409

Well Known Member
Ok, So here is a question I have for you guys. I found a 62-65 348 X Block however the listing says the block needs #1 cylinder sleeved, should I pull the trigger and jump on it?

SuperStocker409

Well Known Member
Junky thanks for the welcome, I am not understanding your question?
Well 2 cars and not one has come through for me yet. First one I lost contact with the owner I guess he sold it locally? Second one was way to far gone to my liking so the quest continues on. Currently looking at getting in contact with owner of #3 so hopefully this one pans out (no pun intended) so I can move forward with what I am trying to accomplish

Junky

Well Known Member
Ok, So here is a question I have for you guys. I found a 62-65 348 X Block however the listing says the block needs #1 cylinder sleeved, should I pull the trigger and jump on it?

OK.. my confusion.. I was thinking that the rules required you to sleeve the #1 cylinder, when it is the block that you found that needs the #1 cylinder sleeved. I'm old, and that allows me to misread things many times. Now, what were we discussing??? :dunno2

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Might want to find out if that #1 cylinder is pitted or just plain cracked. A good machine shop could advise you from there.

A sleeve done properly runs $150 - $200 per hole. A good crack checked 348 block is worth maybe $300 - $500. Offer him $100 after telling him the cost to repair. Then be prepared to be shut down as more and more guys think they have struck gold. 348s aren't "fool's gold" but they are valued quite a bit less than their big brethren.

SuperStocker409

Well Known Member
Well I am right back to square one. Every car I have had lined up has either been scooped up before I could get to it, or was way worse than described, THE HUNT continues.......

Junky

Well Known Member
Having two '63 BelAirs is like having 2 wives in the same household. They are both going to be competing for your attention, and no matter how hard you try, you are not going to be able to service them both in the way that they each deserve. :rub