T56 Conversion in an X-frame Questions

hagedorn

Looking at what's involved in doing a T56 Magnum swap into my 63'. I'm good on the shifter, trans, bellhousing, flywheel/clutch parts... looking for guidance on what you guys did for clutch pedal/linkage for a hydraulic setup. I was going to buy a factory clutch/brake pedal assembly but after that is where it's all a mystery to me. For the trans cross-member I can have one fabricated. Did you guys need to do any clearancing to the trans tunnel? Any pics you can share would be great!

4Eyedturd

Well Known Member
A few guys have used a Tilton master cylinder. I went the junkyard route and used a master from a mid 90's Ford Ranger and made a firewall bracket. I also had to raise the trans tunnel a smidge but I don't have any photos.

fourzeronine

Well Known Member
You will need to modify the transmission tunnel if you want your driveline angles to be correct.

I believe Silver Sport Transmissions has a hydraulic pedal mounting kit if you don't want to fabricate your own. There are other brackets on the market that utilize the brake master cylinder mounting studs and then have an angled portion to mount the clutch master cylinder.