Thanking about selling

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hi, when you say, "muscle car", do you mean HP power ? Your car is beautiful, it has all
you need to make it "your" muscle car. You just need to take your org. 327 and rebuild it into a bad ass motor, making it a true sounding mean thumping car. You can do this much cheaper than putting in a 409 in it, and it will be just as fast and you'll still have your cool red ride. Just my opinion, lots of luck on your decision. :burnoutstan

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Here’s my take on “muscle” cars. I didn’t exist until 1968, before that was rolling around in dads pants but must have gotten the bug from all the cars he had in the 60’s. I always wanted a 66 impala SS and finally got one. It was a sad case and all I could afford. Still in a thousand pieces. Fast forward a couple years and I got another one because I could afford one that I could drive instead of work on. Although the impala wasn’t considered a true muscle car in some eyes it is. From the early 60’s on up. My story of mine is “MY” muscle car and being a true SS nobody will tell me otherwise. I’m doing a W transplant because I want to.
your 62 SS is “your” muscle car. Keep it and make it what you need you’ll never find another car that you love as much as that one which makes it priceless. Buying into the media crap that muscle only is for chevelles, mustangs and chargers is exactly that. Crap! When my W is in I’ll put the hellcats to shame with more smoke than they dream of!!

rconnors

I’ve owned my 62 Impala Sport Coupe since 1982 and driven it over 210,000 miles... was a 283 then a crate 300 hp 350...last 12 years a ZZ4 350 bored out/ Sanderson ceramic headers/ 44 Flowmasters exiting in front of rear tires/ posi/disc brakes... it sounds like 6 Harleys... White / red interior....It pulls hard and I love driving it and believe me I do drive it.... there’s still snow up in the highlands here but the roads were bare and yesterday I wound her out on the beautiful Cabot Trail with spectacular ocean views.... Tim is right make her your own and drive it like you stole it.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When people call my 65 a muscle car, I tell them it was a family type of sedan that won massive acclaim for style, full perimeter frame etc, but its not a muscle car. There are currently more "muscle" cars from the 60's-70's than were ever built. Don't worry about what others think about you, or your car. Do what you want and be happy.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I’ve learned my former 62 Red SS 409/409 is still for sale and in the showroom. I also heard it might be joined by an unreal 62 Pontiac SD.
Robert

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
That’s what I’m doing Harold except I’m doing a fresh build stroker 348, putting a 700R4 behind it and changing the rear end from a 308 10 bolt to 373 12 bolt Posi. All the old drivetrain is original to the car and I’ll put it away. More than likely it will get sold after I kick the stuff around for a couple of years.