"The" Homewrecker

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Ronnie. The shop that did the suspension originally really did a hack job. Nothing was square, plumb, or the same from side to side. Over the last few years I fixed some of it but it was finally time to cut everything out and start over. I have never done anything this extensive before and although rewarding, I'm glad I don't do this shit for a living!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just think of the people at the track that pass by and have no idea the art of engineering under that car. With that suspension you will be ready for the big power of your rebuilt mill. This is so great that we have this caliber of builders on site. Good job Dan. See you this summer.

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Man, what quality work! You guys are way beyond what I would try (or could for that matter). :rubLook forward to hearing how you do this summer!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I sure like the look of this set-up better than the old one with the full size springs behind the axle and weight jackers. That one may have been just as capable for all I know, but I like that this one just looks more natural under there.
Is the rear the same width as stock or did you build it narrowed some?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I sure like the look of this set-up better than the old one with the full size springs behind the axle and weight jackers. That one may have been just as capable for all I know, but I like that this one just looks more natural under there.
Is the rear the same width as stock or did you build it narrowed some?
One main reason for the full size coils is the car was built for rules that required a "stock type" suspension. Those rules no longer apply so I am free to do what I want. It's definitely cleaner, light, and more compact. I forget what flange to flange is but the housing is 53.75". I don't plan on narrowing it any more. I had the wheels widened which was cheaper than new wheels so basically instead of narrowing the rear 3" I just added 1.5" to the rear of each wheel. I will see how the tire fit this weekend.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks Ronnie. The shop that did the suspension originally really did a hack job. Nothing was square, plumb, or the same from side to side. Over the last few years I fixed some of it but it was finally time to cut everything out and start over. I have never done anything this extensive before and although rewarding, I'm glad I don't do this shit for a living!
You might want to start building these for other's , hey you never know!!!!! Look's good !!!!!