"The" Homewrecker

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
No like I said I just know you to be very thorough I didn’t realize there was an alternative method of doing the same thing Petey needs lots of schooling
A vicious rumor meant to discredit me! All the great thinkers throughout history have had such detractors. :tongue2
:lmao ………….

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My 2¢ worth. When I tip valves I put a valve guide in the stem attachment of the grinder. I you just push the valve in and clean up the tip it will look good but could be out of square. Rotate the valve 90° or 180° and tip and just touch again. I will show you if there is a "squaring" issue.
Jeff

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This is an old Kwik Way VS somebody lets me use. It’s old but super tight. It will hold .0002 run out at the edge of a 2.3 valve. I had to tune up the tip side though. I put a dial indicator on the spindle slide and swept the V block in both plains till it was zero. Ground an old valve and then put some Dykem on it and put it back 180 degrees from the first cut and just barely kissed it. This is what I got.
IMG_0059.jpeg

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Found another hole! Intake port this time. Went drop it off for machine work and noticed a black speck and thought “that’s not good”. Took it back home and sure as shit. I cleaned the water passages out with a phosphoric based cleaner and blasted the rest. I guess that opened it up seeing as it just held 25psi without leaking before cleaning. So splash zone in the port and filled and tapped an access hole on the outside to blast the back up and put jb weld there. Crazy two spots lasted as long as they did. IMG_0073.jpegIMG_0089.jpegIMG_0086.jpeg

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Had it running again and seems ok except one issue but it’s not the end of the world at this point. Headed to the dyno this week. I added all 8 O2 bungs to the primary tubes to monitor individual cylinders.View attachment 129972
Not knowing the science behind finding out your air/fuel , on each individual tube………. it looks as though you’re trying to take that measurement at about the same point length wise away from your exhaust port for or in each tube….???

Reactions: 327

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not knowing the science behind finding out your air/fuel , on each individual tube………. it looks as though you’re trying to take that measurement at about the same point length wise away from your exhaust port for or in each tube….???
Well it’s not real important with o2 sensors but if you can make them fairly even, why not? Now egt is another story. You want them as equal as possible and clocked the same for each tube.