Thompson OH

wc chevys

Well Known Member
I am Cubby's brother and I don't see a problem with us going and bringing Freds car.We have been to Thompson several times as spectators its a nice place. Love the gassers

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Reviews from Trip advisor

Howard Johnson Express Inn - Geneva
1715 Route 534
I-90 at Exit 218 and Route 534
Geneva, OH 44041 US

http://www.hojo.com/HowardJohnson/c...46&propBrandId=HJ&force_nostay=false&tab=tab4

Ho Jo's web site says they are at the I90 and route 534 interchange. About 13 miles from the track. Trip advisor had some interesting reviews.

Howard Johnson Geneva I 90 & Rt 534
Rated 1.7 out of 5.011 reviews - Write a review
1715 State Rt 534
Geneva, OH 44041
(440) 466-1168‎
(440) 466-6544‎ - Fax
hojo.com

©2009 Google - Map data ©2009 Tele Atlas - Terms of Use
View Larger Map

Rated 1.0 out of 5.0
Someone entered our room and left all...‎ - A TripAdvisor Member‎ - Aug 19, 2008
Let me start by saying that we have stayed at this HoJo's in the past while visiting the wineries up in Geneva and expected the worst but the alternative cost of the Lodge in ...‎
More from Tripadvisor.com »

Rated 1.0 out of 5.0
Slightly Scary and a Definite Dive‎ - A TripAdvisor Member‎ - Jul 2, 2008
So we weren't expecting much from this place, since it was right off the highway and it pretty much met our expectations. The price was decent, especially since we didn't have ...‎

Rated 1.0 out of 5.0
HoJo Employs Illegals to do Carpet Work‎ - A TripAdvisor Member‎ - Sep 1, 2008
Stayed there while they were carpeting the place. Renovation was being done by non-English speaking Hispanics. They lived there while doing it and even brought their pregnant wives ...‎

Rated 3.0 out of 5.0
Not outstanding, but not terrible‎ - Nickname unavailable‎ - Dec 1, 2008
My wife and I stayed here for two nights over thanksgiving weekend. We got very reasonable rates through priceline. The room was clean and comfortable ...‎ More »
My wife and I stayed here for two nights over thanksgiving weekend. We got very reasonable rates through priceline. The room was clean and comfortable. There were a couple of dead light bulbs and the television remote did not work well, but we had no major complaints about our stay. We were traveling with a dog, so the door that led directly outside was a plus.

Rated 1.0 out of 5.0
Ho Jo should shut it down and re-build‎ - Nickname unavailable‎ - Jul 19, 2008
This was the worst room I have ever stayed in. Had 6 empolyees and was trying to save money, moved them out, not worth the savings.‎

Rated 1.0 out of 5.0
Horrific!! Gross!!!‎ - A TripAdvisor Member‎ - Jun 23, 2007
The room was GROSS!! There was nasty dirt and I don't know what around the carpet perimeter!!! I saw something that looked like it crawled and it did not. ...‎

Rated 1.0 out of 5.0
YUCKY‎ - ‎ - Jun 4, 2006
We stayed here for a few days and it was a nightmare. The hotel was populated by what were obviously undocumented Latin American laborers. It went from bad to worse. ...‎

Rated 1.0 out of 5.0
Terrible‎ - A TripAdvisor Member‎ - Jun 29, 2006
we were charged for 3 nights hotel stay, when we only stayed the 2 nights. i paid for 1 night with cash and the other night with credit card only to get my bill in the mail for the ...‎

Rated 1.0 out of 5.0
HORRIBLE!‎ - A TripAdvisor Member‎ - May 9, 2005
Stucco pealing from the walls and ceilings, wallpaper peeling from the walls.Paper littering the halls and cob webs in the corners of the interior rooms. The place is your classic ...‎
It's a decent room when you have been on the road for 13 hours. I was happy with the room, the bed was clean and the convinence of being able to park right outside the glass doors ...‎

Read the complete reviews here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?latlng=...-80.947257&z=16&iwloc=A&hl=en&gl=us&reviews=1

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
hotels

The gasser reunion link I provided has 4 hotels listed and it says to ask for Thompson raceway rate. There are restaurants and gas stations at this exit. This is directly off I-90 and rt. 45..There is Sleep Inn, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn and Americas Best Value Inn. The Howard Johnson hotel is one exit west of the host hotels exit on I-90 and rt. 534 (little closer to the track) and there are some restaurants and McDonald's there also...I called all of the hotels at the I-90 and rt. 45 exit and at this time the best rate is at the sleep inn with thompson raceway discount..I'm trying to get the other hotels to give a better rate too....Looks like Howard Johnson is a low rate also...

b-d409

Well Known Member
Track and Hotel info

I called and talked to Jim Curtis the track manager today. His number in case anyone has any questions for him is: 216-570-9666

They are letting cars come in on Thursday. Pit space is first come first serve he said.

Friday: Tech and Time Trials 7:00 am - 5:00 pm

Saturday: Time Trials 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Sunday: Time Trials 8:00 am - 11:00 am

Eliminations at Noon on Sunday

I also called all the hotels listed on the registration form. Ask for the Thompson Raceway rate.

Travel Lodge: 440-275-2011 $70.00 night + tax.

Sleep Inn: 440-275-6800 $79.00 night + tax.

Comfort Inn: 440-275-2711 $99.99 night + tax. They have a restaurant on site.

Holiday Inn: 440-275-2020 $99.99 night + tax.

Hampton Inn: 1-440-275-2000 $139.00 night + tax.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
For the people that will stay at a hotel, maybe we should all try and stay at the same one? Any ideas how to get a group to agree on one hotel?:dunno

Kevin

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
This sounds like it will be an event not to miss-so I guess that I'll be bringing my '58. We will probly be staying at one of the motels and only be in the show 'n shine part of the event. My wife was wondering if there will be several wives attending? She likes these events but can't take 3 solid days of it(sometimes I wonder why I keep her around!!!!!!) She is going to make sure that I don't get to involved in the racing end of it, she says she don't want me bringing the car home in a thousand pieces. I'm probly better off that way, but I can't let her know that.
So co you think we can select a motel and most of us try to stay there? Maybe that way some of the wives can hookup and come out to the track later in the day ordo whatever they want to. Also, we are about 30 miles east of St. Louis and just below I-70, I wouldbe interested in hooking up with some of the others and making the trip togeather. Just a few things to think about- Damn I'm gettin'excited here!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Kevin

The wife and I will stay where ever everyone else is staying
Just let me know so I can make reservations

We have never been in that part of the country

we are already makiing plans

sounds like a lot of fun

Roger

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The only thing I was thinking is that the Holiday Inn is usually a safe bet, but it is 20.00 more a night. It looks good from the pictures and clean, anyone from OHIO that can verify this? As for the Beer, I may have to Bring down some Canadian Beer to distract all the new stroker motors and slow them down on the tree!!

Kevin

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Since I travelled alot with my job, i have accumulated points with Marriot which will allow me to stay for free. The closest Marriot property is in Mentor, which is about 12 miles due west of Thompson.

I believe Ronnie and I (and possibly others) will be staying out this way, unless we can find a Marriott property closer to Austinburg, OH.

Any Comments???

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Brian, could you list the address/zip code for the Marriot you are talking about.

Kevin

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Fatride....... (or is it fluffy:)) ........ have you got a list of who's going to be there??

Dave

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I wonder if I could find another 61 convertible and make a stroker out of another motor and having it looking like that creation of Dick's. JV Racing LLC.:roll:roll
robert

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Dave, Jim Kwi is our cooridinator. Im sure he will update the list soon.

Ronnie, I'll make a list tonight, but I might have to leave my name off the list. I did a real stupid thing this Winter, I put my front end outside and covered it up, to save room in the garage. With the snow that was piled on the front end and the snow that came off my brothers garage,my front end was crushed leaving 3 cracks two 14 inch in each fender and a small 6 inch.

005-1.jpg

001.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jim, Man, that is horrible news. But, you are still required to be there, with or without the car. It wouldn't be a get-together without you.