Thompson OH

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
This picture a couple of years ago was taken hoping some of Tom's "old" 61 would rub off to my 61:D:D:D
robert

Attachments

• Petersburg2007053.jpg
    Petersburg2007053.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 72

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Some good news, I talked to Bob this morning and Impala Bob's will provide 100 Dash Plaques if Jardine's will provide the hat pins. Brian when you have the final design send it to me Larry@impalas.com I will have them made and returned to you in about 2 weeks. Brian I will send you a PM. Larry

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have changed the pin to reflect the below image. I did this because the pin is only 2" wide and you won't be able to read everything I had on it previously.

Attachments

• 348_409_Shootout copy.jpg
    348_409_Shootout copy.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 76

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Nice work Brian:beerbang and Impala Bobs and the Jardines' deserve a round of applause for pitching in too!:clap:clap:clap

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
"Nice work Brian and Impala Bobs and the Jardines' deserve a round of applause for pitching in too!"

I second that!!!! it is really appreciated. This is going to be a really great event.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Some good news, I talked to Bob this morning and Impala Bob's will provide 100 Dash Plaques if Jardine's will provide the hat pins. Brian when you have the final design send it to me Larry@impalas.com I will have them made and returned to you in about 2 weeks. Brian I will send you a PM. Larry

Larry, this is great news! now we need to find a sponsor for hats!!! :) :beerbang:beerbang

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
How about T-Shirts, I have a friend that does a great job for me with our car show T-Shirts. He charges about $7.00 a shirt. I'm sure some of the members have other sources.
I will buy 2 hats. Larry

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I spoke to the clerk at the Marriot; if we decide to go with the hats or T-Shirts we can send them our packages and they will hold until we check in. Larry

Smokey1963

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Put me in for two of everything, and give me an idea where to send money. I will

send in advance if that helps, or even a donation toward getting them made.

Later
Ed

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just received the proof for the hat pin. It will be 2" wide x 1 1/2" tall

Larry (AZ409) and I are working on quotes for Hats and T-shirts. I will update all when we get the artwork done and quotes received.

Brian

Attachments

• 409-Shootout-Hat-Pin-large.jpg
    409-Shootout-Hat-Pin-large.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 68

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Talking with Verne Frantz, he helps Ronnie Evans, Ronnie will be at Thompson with his '62 409 called WildFire.
I believe as the word of this event spreads, we'll see some guys that aren't members of our forum joining us. Can't have too many 409's!!! I also told Floyd Garrertt about it and I think he plans to attend.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I already have

Have the Mag do a photo shoot.
Here's the reply I got from Doug

Hi Jim,

Seems like I have not seen you since the early '80s when we put your 409 '57 in SC. I remember taking the photos at Dearborn CCI.

I will try to attend your Ohio 348-409 gig but right now I have no story assignment.
It is hard to travel ($) without knowing where I can sell a story on the event plus feature car stories too.

I also forwarded your email to Jim Campisano, editor of SC. I am sure he will be interested. (jim.campisano@sorc.com)

Thanks for letting me know.

Best!