Tri-State Raceway August 17 & 18, 2013

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Dave, will the track be open Fri. night for parking. I plan to get there around 6:30 . Are you guys staying at the Comfort Inn in Dyersville. Let me know, thanks.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Shan

I'm staying at the Colonial Inn at Dyersville. We should be parked at the strip in the same place as last year. I plan on getting there around 3-4pm. Like Charlie says, you will be able to get in at the track. Looking foreword to a fun weekend.

Looks like:

Dan
Shan
Paul
Joel
Charlie
Tom
Phil & Candy

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Dave.........got room for 2 black Harleys in the pits??????

Called the Colonial Inn..................$44.99 for a King bed????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds way too cheap!!! Is it a "decent" place?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks for calling Dave. We got the last room Comfort Inn had!!!!
Now don't ya'all starting racin' 'till we get there!!!!:dance:dance:dance

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Well the car is back together & seems to be running good. Found the short in the fuel line & replaced the wire. Still seems to have a fuel issue. Here is what is happening, any suggestions would be appreciated. Replaced the electric pump with a Holly blue for completion. Ran a new fuel line up the front of the engine almost in the same location as the original lines. Installed the pump pressure regulator in that line & mounted it on the front of the heads. Set the regulator to 7 pounds as recommended (running original carter AFB carbs). Having a problem keeping the pressure at 7 pounds. Seems as if when the engine temp goes up the pressure goes down, not a lot about down to 5. Engine seems to be running ok & will rev up. Had a couple of times when it wouldn't & seemed to run out of gas. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Joel

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm staying in my trailer. The car doesn't leave my sight! I don't know about the original afb, but the later carters and edelbrocks don't like over 6. Usually anything more than that will start blowing past the needle and seat. What regulator are you using? If it is the Holley one that came with the pump, throw it out! They are very restrictive. Especially if it is the painted one.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I thought everyone was staying at the Super 8 again?

Joel

I thought I was too Joel. Evidently I didn't make a reservation at the Super 8. I checked last week to be sure and they had no record. I figured I was in trouble when there was no conformation number in my black book.

No ideas on your fuel problem.

Dan, you must have your tranny fixed?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gear box is back together. Just waiting for a new clutch disc to arrive and I'll be good to go.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I,m at the Super 8 Dyersville. Don't remember what kind of room I have.
I will be there Friday afternoon for sure after 3.
Paul

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Had a little shakedown cruise last night and noted my tail and brake lights we out, hope to correct that and a few other little things over the next few days. Plans are to depart Saturday morning early and get out there by early afternoon. Didn't make a room reservation, will be "camping" in the RV area or the pit area, whatever is easiest.

Speaking of the pit area, will I be able to gain entry to that even if I am not racing? In KC we used to be able to buy a "pit parking pass".

looking forward to connecting up with some new friends!

TomK

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Had a little shakedown cruise last night and noted my tail and brake lights we out, hope to correct that and a few other little things over the next few days. Plans are to depart Saturday morning early and get out there by early afternoon. Didn't make a room reservation, will be "camping" in the RV area or the pit area, whatever is easiest.

Speaking of the pit area, will I be able to gain entry to that even if I am not racing? In KC we used to be able to buy a "pit parking pass".

looking forward to connecting up with some new friends!

TomK

You'll probably want to camp in the RV area where the shade is. When you pay at the gate tell Janie(owners wife) you want to camp. They will only charge you general admission to come park with the rest of us if you aren't racing also. My cell is 319..560..9922
PS...watch out for Charlie...................

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Believe I got the fuel problem fixed. I moved the pressure regulator & gauge to the fender wheel well away from the heat. Everything seems okay, pressure is staying steady even when engine is warm. Will get the new lines attached tomorrow. Should be there Friday afternoon.

Joel

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Joel, way to go ! Dont be too fast, you will need a cage ...

Bill