Under hood light

bobs409

Administrator
and I'm sure we all had a pull top chain hanging from the rear view mirror too. Ah, the good old days... :D

bobs409

Administrator
anyone remember the pony cans, same diameter but shorter...that would be a shoe in for your 63 bob...:D

I remember those, I believe they were 7 oz. Never drank any, used to go picking cans as a kid to cash in the big bucks! :D

No aluminum in those old cans. We had to poke a drinking hole and an air hole.

Those I remember for some soda cans. I recall, they were 4 cans for $1.00 sometimes!

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
anyone remember the pony cans, same diameter but shorter...that would be a shoe in for your 63 bob...:D
Olympia had one that was smaller in both measurements, a Little Oly. At college we would cut a slot in the top the size of a dime, drained the beer into a glass, washed them out the best we could and used them for a piggy bank.

EaQhyszWkAE6hdD.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I remember those, I believe they were 7 oz. Never drank any, used to go picking cans as a kid to cash in the big bucks! :D

Those I remember for some soda cans. I recall, they were 4 cans for $1.00 sometimes!
Growing up I lived 2 blocks from a college Mens Dormitory. I attached a basket on my handle bars and one on the back fender. I would cruise the dorm on Sunday evenings with major rewards!!!!! I'd take them to the little quick shop a block away!!!!!
Didn't want money.....I bought baseball cards!!!!! Had almost 20,000 when I graduated high school!!!!!!!!!!
After Candy and I got married and left home.....mom threw most of them away!!!!!!!!!