Update on BA 409

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Phil has the first mailbox, now I'm looking about for parts for the second one. If Ricky were to bring a cleaned but shattered 348 block to Bowling Green I might have the rest of the parts :). I'll bring the Chevy Orange spray paint and we'll have a party!

James, I'll check in with you Sunday for an update, plan on 2:30 at Coventry, bring Nathan and we'll have some fun!

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil has the first mailbox, now I'm looking about for parts for the second one. If Ricky were to bring a cleaned but shattered 348 block to Bowling Green I might have the rest of the parts :). I'll bring the Chevy Orange spray paint and we'll have a party!

James, I'll check in with you Sunday for an update, plan on 2:30 at Coventry, bring Nathan and we'll have some fun!
Consider it done Tom!! I have just the block... I need to get it out of the family room!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Ricky: That would be great! I'll try to bring the rest of the parts, hopefully painted up. Can you put a coat of Chevy Orange on it?

Bryan: What color do you want the parts to be? I did the cylinder heads in "aluminum" the block and intake and valve covers in Chevy Orange.

James: No trailer as yet, don't want to let him know how interested we are before I make him an offer :).

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Yes this will be about the third or fourth time for Tom and second for me.
Nice looking car but real dirty so hard to tell how nice.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
These are the same group of guys I purchased the '62 convert about 2 years ago. There were a number of cars in the shed (55 Chevy, 64 El Camino, 62 Impala, etc.). I have pics somewhere but new ones will appear maybe tomorrow?

It's been painted, appears to be very solid (need to verify), and is a roller (no drive train, was a six stick car I believe). She's a 1962 Biscayne with 2 doors :).

I've been over there a number of times with James, they have all kinds of stuff we've been preying on (Pontiac rear, some 348 and 409 parts, headers, etc.)

We thought of this as a potential "flip car" but it's hard not to keep a very solid car once located. We just don't get that many here in the Midwest.