Update on BA 409

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Update!!
Had the chance this afternoon to get my oil pressure gauge on the stroker in Tom's SS and all is good.
So looks like this power plant will find its way between the fenders.
I was happy to find this out.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Well just got back from Mo-Kan had a grudge race with my buddy Jackson.
It was a best two out of three off the trailer, the Ba 409 against Jackson's Blown Small block front engine dragster
Off the trailer it runs a 12.23 @109.1 R/T .0368
He works on his car on the trailer(changes to a larger lower pulley) and runs a 12.62 @109.33 R/T .1865
Chalk one up for me and I rub it in bad only because he has been shit talking ever since he beat me with his blown Willys P/U
Now time for second round and I help him get his car cooled down and help him set the timing.
I didn't do any thing to the BelAir and run a 12.21 @108.96 R/T .1592 (kinda late).
He runs a 12.49 @114.18 R/T .0694
I win again WooHoo Call me the champ now.
We run a third time and he has problems and I run a 12.27 @108.15 R/T .0464

Now if any one is keeping score the 12.21 is the best ever for the old pile of use parts to date so I think it will have nice dreams for its winter nap.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have never used Nos before.
Guess I have been still working on just a tune up.
The only thing that I have played with that had a power adder was my motorcycle with turbo.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
One of our members here has been spraying his 62 Bel Air with really good success. Believe he just is using a plate kit under the carbs too. Works really well!

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
not a mechanic, but nos scares me for the engine. i believe turbos and such should be built for the engine. i believe lower comp. jmho jim