upper control arms 1962 impala

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
9BF42BFF-79F1-455A-8477-F36F46E04C62.jpeg6F373648-8BB9-4E16-BFCA-CAD08950FE9B.jpeg
Notice if you drawn intersect line between the bushing holes and perpendicular to that from the middle 90° straight line but the A-frame actually goes to one side……. it’s offset…….The latest picture I posted this one is a very good representation for you…….. Thanks BSL 409………

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have 3-62's -all three have staight upper arms (no bends ) on the passenger side.
Two are 100 % original factory cars(that I disassembled) the other 62 has NOS GM upper arms.

The drivers sides on my 62s have the bend in the arm(like the last picture above of the passenger side) -that bend in the upper arm is to clear the factory steering shaft.
Paul

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I have 3-62's -all three have staight upper arms (no bends ) on the passenger side.
Two are 100 % original factory cars(that I disassembled) the other 62 has NOS GM upper arms.

The drivers sides on my 62s have the bend in the arm(like the last picture above of the passenger side) -that bend in the upper arm is to clear the factory steering shaft.
Paul
Those are the shaft's or the mounting bar were bolt's go though. Just to help clarify the part.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I am referring to the removable shafts that bolt to the frame- that are threaded on each end for the round caps

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I am referring to the removable shafts that bolt to the frame- that are threaded on each end for the round caps
62409imp……asked for left or right, for upper control arms …….that doesn’t necessarily mean he wasn’t referring to the control arms and shafts for orientation…….

thanks for the info, guys, I have tubular control arms on my impala and it looks like the longer tube on the upper faces front