USA TRAVEL / EVENTS

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Oops, must have been an ethnic faux pas.:doh
No worries here Mearl, the relationship between Australia and New Zealand is about the same as USA and Canada
We may bitch and moan about each other but in a scrap we would have each others back no matter what

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
If we get over there we are going to ride with you.
:lmao

If we put you in a RHD car you will be fine

The danger is when you drive a LHD car over here you would tend to go onth the RH side of the road so it all feels correct

Roads over here are smaller, slower (60MPH) and less traffic than what you have over there

We can sort out a car, come on over

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Steve,
what about a length of 25mm conduit.

Didn't you Kiwi's were native Australians?

Yep right on there Grub,

25mm conduit has a sound of its own

I usually find that there is a vacuum cleaner closer by when i have had a few beers than conduit though:D

Arnt you guys the west Island of New Zealand:taunt

Steve

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What is your route to Bowling Green, Kentucky?

I suspect you might be coming across the US on Interstate 70 on the way to Bowling Green?

Let us know your timing and path and maybe we can figure out a way to connect as you make your way across the USA (in your Chevrolet?).

Cheers!
TomK
Hey tom,
Yup as per Steve mentioned, we will be heading down to Kentucky via tin goose.
Mearl also sent out an invite and would have been awesome to have been able to drop by and give my personal opinion on your new man shed.
But maybe next trip. At least we will still be able to say hey at bowling green.

And you also know how to bring a guy down on his holiday when you ask if we our driving our Chevy.:pout:D

C u soon.

Gav

Last edited:

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tom,
Thanks for that, lots of stuff in there i didn't know
Apparently other countries drive on the opposite side of the road:crazy now who would have thunk that

We have a pretty cool little island over here and you are all more than welcome to come over for a visit

Just be prepared for higher gas prices

Steve
We are only about $8 NZ a gallon to US $2.69. Cheap fill ups while travelling.

Gav

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Did you give Dan a big hug from us Gav??:hug

My Dad still talks about his little ride down the track in Dans car

Steve

PS. if you didnt give Dan a hug you will have to sneak up on Phil, Tom, Ray and Lonnie and Scott at bowling green and give them one.....A hug that is

Steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Dan,
U forget something today:rub didn't see this come out!
Gav
When we were sitting out on the patio I thought about it but we had just sat down so figured I would bring it up later but that never happened. And just to be fair mine is made out of a piece of old growth PVC tubbing...:hide and I can do one hell of a elk call on it, gets the dog barking...:poke.

We had a great day with Gav & Wendy, taking the Bel-Air we drove up to Lake Quinault Lodge in Olympic National Park, had lunch, then turned west to the coast and made our way back south along the Pacific with a final stop at one of my buddies for some nostalgia drag car fun...:browIt was a great day.

20160530_180525.jpg

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yesterday we had a great day with Dan and his wife Kim. Dan took us on an excellent cruz in the 61 as he mentioned to Quinault and with a couple of fantas along the way including stopping at the Green Lantin, it was an excellent time.
We stopped by and met Dan's mate Roger and saw his nostalgia drag racing exploits along with a way cool 56 chev, which was built by Rogers son-n-law for the good wife.
Not sure who here was trying to get in to the hood books:brow.
Dan will have an awesome looking Pontiac when completed.

Thanks very much to Dan an Kim for their hospitality.
A really choice day.

Gav

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 34

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Today we caught up with Pat (newby409) and his good wife Pattie.
We visited World of Speed Museum today in Wilsonville with them both and this was just way cool.
Butch 's 62 was in there along with an orig Z11 62. The museum has only been open for 12 months and already it seems to have been a great success.
The staff there were very knowledgeable.
I was lucky enough to be given 6 or 7 free laps on a virtual simulator of an Indy car and this was just so cool I didn't want to get out.
Again to Pat & Pattie, thank you very much for Taking time out to show a couple of kiwis around.

Gav

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg