WELL..............

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks Roger! Anytime I come, always try to turn in your driveway!!!! Hope you and Joyce are all fine. Will try to get down as soon as this Covid shit clears up!!!!!
What's your current ride?????

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks Roger! Anytime I come, always try to turn in your driveway!!!! Hope you and Joyce are all fine. Will try to get down as soon as this Covid shit clears up!!!!!
What's your current ride?????
Phil:

Since I didn't get to meet you when I picked up the engine at Tom K's, as long as you are getting down to Burnet, just continue on down the road a few more miles and pay a visit to Boerne. We also have some good BBQ here.
John

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Stupid question.....lug nuts on front end tires are chrome....and my socket will barely get on it because the socket will not turn. Is the chrome cover supposed to be pulled off for more clearance????
This is driving me crazy!!!!!!!

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Are they chrome including a cap that covers the lug bolt? If so it’s probably a snap on cap over the lug nut.
If you can see the lug bolt protruding from the lug nut it’s probably a chromed nut.

If so, strength is all that’s needed, ask Candy for some help.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The OD of the nut is almost the same ID of the hole in the mag rim Mike. Not enough room to give the socket a chance to turn.

Last edited:

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil.Go down to Advance Auto and get a cheap spark plug for a late small foreign car.They are usually very thin and have a 3/4[19mm] socket.This will likely solve your clearance issues.