WELL..............

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Finally today....local Corvette guru had his head guy out this morning to take the instrument cluster out. I never trusted what they registered!!!! Odometer never worked, didn't trust the gas gage and oil pressure and the battery gage. So all is being rebuilt!!!! Will take about a month. We shall see!!!
20220830_104107.jpg20220830_104303.jpg20220830_113014.jpg

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I replaced the tach in my' '61 but I pull the seat out every time I have to work under the dash. I give the guy much credit for removing the clusters without laying underneath as it is tight. Speedo and tach cables, wiring, oil line etc. all have to be removed. They will look beautiful when you get them back!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
We shall see .......
Means pulling that cluster will indeed get to the heart of the problem with odometer, But not necessarily with fuel guage as sender in gas tank could be erratic, oil pressure guage since its a direct oil line ,probably,maybe. Charging guage could be another concern with charging system ect. But getting those repaired is a good idea while cluster is out since removal for odometer repair is required Anyway. Just don't expect that to fix everything perfect. Just saying...