West Coast 409 shootout?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
:? Apparently you guys havent heard of trailers for motercycles????????????:eek::roll

If my motorcycle is on a trailer.....................call the cops!!!! It's being stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll:roll:roll Or maybe maintence..................I never trailer anywhere!!!!

It's a slight chance..............Candy mentioned this winter that she would like to ride PCH. When I looked up Eureka..............I thought "maybe". It would be probably 3 weeks to do a trip like that and we have a couple of trips already planned. I have too many friends in the that part of the country and not to take time to go see them..........would be bad!!!!

Will keep it in mind..........................:?:?:?:?

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Phil, I understand time constraints but we would really love to have you visit us in Eureka. The Pacific Coast Highway is beautiful and Candy would really love it. ;)

Not to give you any ideas but I thing Don was referring to trailers towed by motorcycles. :)

Now, let's hear from California and Nevada members. This will be a really fun event.

Paul

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:crazy Youre right Paul,but stoping a Harley with 700 lbs :eek: of "W" in the trailer from 70 mph might be fun.The question is would one put him past it??????????:doh

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I put a special invite on ChevyTalk, to see if we can draw a few folks over from there to join us...

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
keep me posted. mine should be done soon, can't decide if I want to change to different roller but the kit isn't used either way. Scott

blown55409

Well Known Member
Hey Paul,
First of all, way to go trying to get this organized:bow A couple of thoughts.
How about posting a list of of people and the cars they are planning to bring to the West Coast Shootout. It seems that there are alot of people (members) on the West side of the Rocky Mts. that might not be aware of whats comming up. Would it be permissible to send out e-mails to members???? Having the most cars there possible would make it an event to remember. Another thought maybe DRIVE magazine might be interested if there were enough of a showing. This is an inaugural event right, Boss?:clap

Chip

Oh, and tell Dennis Manning that he should have to pay double for garbage pick up just because he rides a Honda.:roll

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Tenitive List - as of Feb 2011

Here is the list, as best I could get from the posts...

1. Garbageman (Paul)
2. jbschneeweis (Joel)
3. Petepedlar (Dave)
4. Nuts (Bill and Linda)
5. fiftiesman (Mike)
6. tripower (Dan)
7. 409newby (Pat)
8. dq409 (Jim)
9. blown55409 (Chip)
10. Chevyman (Ken)
11. Phil and Candy Reed :dunno
12. 64ss409 (Ron) :roll

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Chip, you're right we haven't got a lot of response from out region, especially Californias. If you want to look up and send some emails please do. I have contacted 'Cruzin Magazine' (David) about a car show we are doing here in Hebo on July 23 and I told him about our Eureka 409 shootout and he has some interest in that also. If you want to contact DRIVE please do.

Thanks Bill for posting the list. I will try to expand on that and if those who own multiple 409's could tell us which one they are planning on bringing that would be helpful.

Garbageman (me) 62 Impala SS
Steve Gregory 62 Impala SS
Dave Owes 63 Impala SS (SB)
Dave Acheson 58 Del Rey (BB)
Al Stringham 62 Belair (BB)
jbschneeweis (Joel)62 Belair
petepedlar (Dave) 61 Impala
Nuts (Bill) 62 Belair
fiftiesman (Mike) 58 or 62 Impala
tripower (Dan) 61 Impala or Belair
409newby (Pat) 65 ?
dq409 (Jim) 62 Impala (maybe)
blown55409 (Chip) 55 Chevy Belair? sorry chip I can't remember the model
chevyman (Ken) 63 Impala

Here is a list of 348-409 web members that we haven't heard from
Oldschool (CA)
Boxerdog (CA)
HHR-L80 (WA)
TICS60 (ID)
1962btop (NV)
fastfreds (NV)

There maybe a lot more but I only did a quick search.

Paul

HHR-L80

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Paul, I am planning on attending. Sounds like a great time. Not real sure about racing but who knows, maybe a run or two down the track.:eyebrow

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Another one we haven't heard from is Jack Gibbs (409 Chevy Performance), he in Willow, CA only about 200 miles away.

How about it Jack are you going to join us for the fun !!!!:dunno:scratch

Bill

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We need to decide which "West Coast Shootout" thread, we are going to keep updated ? My "old, tired" brain can only keep so many things straight. :roll

Bill