What’s your guess on the trucks of the future.

409envy

Well Known Member
Does it really matter gas/electric/hybrid? When they perfect autonomous cars no one will be allowed to own a car anyway! The government/car companies cannot force you to buy a product (except health insurance apparently) as it violates the commerce clause of the constitution so if you don't want or like electric vehicles don't buy one. If current trends are any indicator electric cars have a long way to go before they are considered mainstream as they only reflect 1% of new car sales in 2018. If and when electric cars become mainstream they will have no reason to ban ICE vehicles as they will essenstially go extinct on their own. All of us on this forum are basically whistling past the grave with our passion to drive, restore and maintain these old cars. My take is, why worry about what is going to happen 5, 10, 20 years from now? Just enjoy the time we have left and get out and drive your classic gas guzzling hot rod! As a bonus, you can be content in the knowledge that you are driving some liberal eco-nazi crazy while he is whisked away in his shapelesss gray pod to a pathetic life without purpose.

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Does it really matter gas/electric/hybrid? When they perfect autonomous cars no one will be allowed to own a car anyway! The government/car companies cannot force you to buy a product (except health insurance apparently) as it violates the commerce clause of the constitution so if you don't want or like electric vehicles don't buy one. If current trends are any indicator electric cars have a long way to go before they are considered mainstream as they only reflect 1% of new car sales in 2018. If and when electric cars become mainstream they will have no reason to ban ICE vehicles as they will essenstially go extinct on their own. All of us on this forum are basically whistling past the grave with our passion to drive, restore and maintain these old cars. My take is, why worry about what is going to happen 5, 10, 20 years from now? Just enjoy the time we have left and get out and drive your classic gas guzzling hot rod! As a bonus, you can be content in the knowledge that you are driving some liberal eco-nazi crazy while he is whisked away in his shapelesss gray pod to a pathetic life without purpose.
Ok..................tell me how you REALLY feel!!!....................NUTS ON ! You are so eloquent.......prose major in college?

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15

Just imagine going to the strip and listening to the sounds of the electric cars with their outlets open......:burnout

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
No. 1 son is putting this in his 58 shortbed big back window. I tried to talk him out of it but he is determined to get into the business of converting old cars/trucks to the magic of electrics.
Tesla motor and 95-2001 Caddy bolt in independent rear.

51603184_2294929567186423_7099319162031308800_n.jpg

s-l1600___resized.jpg

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
No. 1 son is putting this in his 58 shortbed big back window. I tried to talk him out of it but he is determined to get into the business of converting old cars/trucks to the magic of electrics.
Tesla motor and 95-2001 Caddy bolt in independent rear.

51603184_2294929567186423_7099319162031308800_n.jpg

View attachment 68267

Everyone isn't an old dinasour like some of us Cecil. What ever rocks your roll.....

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Illinois was talking about taxing us per mile !!! Nitwits. The state is bankrupt. We got a new governor billionaire democrat now. First thing he and the dem majority are doing is passing “common sense” gun laws to make criminals out of law abiding citizens. I suspect the gas tax will dramatically go up along with every other tax and fee. Its for the children.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Read today a Facebook message of how a drag racer we know went to renew the annual license tag on his late model Escalade. Guess what califagula wants for an annual license fee? Somewhere around $730. He listed what other states charge, most were under $100.Some large motor homes and RV's can be upwards of $2000 annually. When and where do we overthrow the dmv?

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
So in Michigan they charge for renewing you plates for a2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 around $250.
And for my 62 Impala $47 plus a small extra more for a personal plate yearly.
The killer is the gas tax. Started out to fix the roads, then the found they had a surplus sitting in the treasury for roads.
Hey you can’t have surplus sitting around and schools are under funded, so let’s transfer the surplus to the schools.
Oh the surplus didn’t go to the schools, it went to the teachers salaries. In the mean time it seems the roads have now deteriorated and theirs no funds available and the schools are have been under funded for years. And that’s how it goes around & around. I don’t want even talk about property taxes, as the state has A amendment for inflation .