What do you ride?

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Admitting you need more vehicles is the first step Robert. I'm sure if you try harder you can find #10 & #11 soon.

The darn township was after me for awhile they wanted me to keep current plates on everything and told them but I'm not driving them now and they said either put plates on them or be fined and have them towed. The old broad that is/was the zoning inspector might have kicked the bucket because they haven't been bugging me the last couple of years.

Mark

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Remember these?
View attachment 62427
Early on I was a two stroke guy (Yamaha RD350 and Kawasaki 250 twin road racer). Then I stepped up to a 1970 Norton Commando 750. Now that was a fun ride!

We used to laugh and chide guys who rode these old 60s Hondas :).
My father has 3 of them ever since I was a little kid I wanted to own one of them. Turns out that they still make all of the parts for the dream series. There is a local Honda Dream guru that I met and he explained that parts are still made in the Philippines/India, you just have to ship them over state side. I'm a small CC guy when it comes to motor bikes. Besides if I really want to go fast I just jump in a plane.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
My father has 3 of them ever since I was a little kid I wanted to own one of them. Turns out that they still make all of the parts for the dream series. There is a local Honda Dream guru that I met and he explained that parts are still made in the Philippines/India, you just have to ship them over state side. I'm a small CC guy when it comes to motor bikes. Besides if I really want to go fast I just jump in a plane.

Those RD Yamaha's were cool little bikes and fast too, I had a little Yamaha Twin Jet 100 that was a fast 100. A few years back I went to a swap meet over near York Pa. and picked up a 66 Yamaha YDS3 250 Big Bear scrambler I wanted one of those ever since I was a kid I also picked up a 72 Yamaha XS 650 twin at the same swap meet. Was that a factory Kaw road racer or was it a conversion? I have a 71 Commando I bought off of my Brother-in-law several years ago it been sitting in his basement ever since I bought it.

Mark

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yeah my Brother was like that he liked to pull wheelies all the time unfortunately the Kawasaki wobbles caught up with him. He had his H 2 up on the rear wheel in 3rd gear when the wobbles started then panic & mayhem ensued and after he bounced off the road a couple of times he found himself in the ditch with some nasty road rash and whatever happened to be floating down the ditch at the time. I have a 4 shoe brake off an old Buffalo I'm thinking about sticking on a bike. I have a Norton wide line Featherbed frame I've been thinking about building a Triton out of it and using the Buffalo brake on the front.

Mark

wristpin

Well Known Member
Yeah my Brother was like that he liked to pull wheelies all the time unfortunately the Kawasaki wobbles caught up with him. He had his H 2 up on the rear wheel in 3rd gear when the wobbles started then panic & mayhem ensued and after he bounced off the road a couple of times he found himself in the ditch with some nasty road rash and whatever happened to be floating down the ditch at the time. I have a 4 shoe brake off an old Buffalo I'm thinking about sticking on a bike. I have a Norton wide line Featherbed frame I've been thinking about building a Triton out of it and using the Buffalo brake on the front.

Mark
Tritons are cool. That dual shoe would look great, especially drilled out with like 5 1" holes and several smaller holes then polished.
Yeah i crashed mine leaving a 3rd floor apartment. Literally leaving the apartment on 3rd floor. Down the steps. Made the steps fine then on the front sidewalk hit the front brakes. See...dumb.