Whats everyone doing ?

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sure is quiet around here for this time of year !!!

What`s everyone up to ?

I`ve been working like crazy on this house and seem to see the end finally !!!!

Still have a ton of work to do but the list is getting shorter every day !!

In the kitchen I have the tile left to install on the counters, wire and plumb the island, install the hardwood floors and dishwasher.
This will be done while they do the floors in the other rooms.

Having the floors refinished in the living, dining and parlor rooms.
Should be completed by the middle of next week .Then we can finish the mud work on the walls and ceiling and clean, restain and apply finish to the woodwork and box beams. Then paint and wall paper the front room and ceilings.

Mean while all the funiture is stacked up in on the porch,computer and bathroom.
All in all the house is still a wreak !!!!
No where to sit other then at the computer or lay on the bed and watch micro vision !!

Tomorrow I get to clean and organize the kitchen and tools !!! Had to cram all the stuff from the other rooms into the kitchen so they could do the floors !!!

WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!!

Can`t wait till it all done !!! Then I can relax and get back to somekind of life. ,,,dq

Attachments

• Resize of Peg Living Dining 2.JPG
    Resize of Peg Living Dining 2.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Resize of Parlor Dining.JPG
    Resize of Parlor Dining.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Resize of Kitchen mess.JPG
    Resize of Kitchen mess.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 93

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Even BooBoo seems lost and bummed with out the bigscreen and couch !!!!

Attachments

• Resize of Booboo Living.JPG
    Resize of Booboo Living.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 69

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Hey DQ,
What an incredible home.
What year was that house built??
You don't find character like that in the newer homes.
All that wood-work and detail is awesome.

bobs409

Administrator
I just want to know where the pool table is going. :D

How about some shots of the heated 10 car garage out back? :p

bobs409

Administrator
Oh yeh, I agree, it's been kind of slow here for a while now. Maybe everyone is all talked out? Have we answered all the questions there are about 409's?

Maybe the winter blues will get everyone talking again.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Droptop , it is an incredible home !! Thanks ! I`ll post more photos later. I lost all of the ones I took doing the work, before and after, when they wiped my hard drive.
It was built in 1910 by the architect who designed the house and he and his family lived here their entire lives. We bought it from his daughters estate after she died at 94.

It really is a treasure as it has never been remodeled or molested.
Just the years of wear and aging.
We are trying to restore most of the house to the original flavor and update areas such as the bathrooms and kitchen to fit the period of the Craftsman style.

Garage? I wish !!!!! No garage,,,,,, Thats why my next place will be ALL garage,,,,no house :brow ,,,,dq

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
dq,looks like your going to have a nice solid house when your done.Looks like your dogs are getting pettry bored.

It has been real slow on the site I think everybody is burned out from the convention :D

As for me I've been installing a complete exhaust system on the 57.After running without tailpipes for over 20 years its time quite down the 09.Flowmaster makes 2 1/2"tailpipes for 55-56-57's I'm also using there 50 series mufflers and H-pipe.I'm getting ready for that long drive to the next convention :D

Yes, I was at DQ's place a couple years ago. Even before the work... the house would have you staring in awe. That dark wood is just gorgeous.

You should've seen the books that were in the upstairs bedroom :bow

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes Oz,, The old books ! Asop Fables,,,, some as old as the 15th century !
Written in languages that I`ve never seen .
All gone now though.
Sold at auction to pay for house restoration.

No Penthouse mags ,, but do have a few Playboys !!! :D

Nuf, The house is off N.E. Ainsworth and 30th,,,,,, dq

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
what have I been doing?

Still in California doing headers. Been working my butt off. Doing a complete exhaust system. Will post some pictures soon. The headers are looking good. Off to the platers next week. Along with the whole exhaust system. Then putting headers on my truck. Hoping to have a little more power going home. The 5.3 in my truck did a pretty good job coming out here. Averaged a little over 12 MPG, except through Oklahoma and Texas with a 20-30 MPH head wind. That killed me. 8.4 at one time. From Flagstaff down to Phoenix, averaged 15 MPG. Long down hills. 7000 feet down to near sea level. in 120 miles. Not sure I want to go back that way. 6% grades are better going down, but climbing them will be hell. I figure another week out here, then back to the cold Ohio weather. Not looking forward to that. Would like to stay out here till spring. Lots of nice people to hand around with. More later.

Fred

truck409

Supporting Member 1
dq,(Jim) I know what you are going through as the wife and I have just completed a 6 month long restoration on our house here in Delta Junction Alaska and living in it to boot!An extremely hard thing to do,especially when you are remodeling the kitchen and bathroom and you have only ONE bathroom to start out with!(can you say "outhouse"??? hee hee hee,yep we still have one, :? fun at 0 degrees temp!)We used our 26 foot long travel trailer's kitchen right up into the first part of October when the temperatures got down so low here that we couldn't keep water out there anymore so we finally moved back into the partially completed kitchen because we had no choice.I know I don't post much here but that is what I've been doing instead of working on my w motors,darn it! PD.Petty

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm down in Florida at my son's with our motorhome, the 58 is up in Mo. in storage. We plan on going back up to Mo. in the spring and build a 50 X 60 building that we can park the motorhome in and have a shop for the 58. I want to do some work on the engine of the 58 this next year. I plan on pouring my own concrete for the building but I'll have the steel building erected. I've been helping our son and family build an addition on the back of their house and going to swim meets and watch our granddaughter compete. She is really good. :love Roy

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
Working 60+ hours a week. Making some progress on the training arm suspension for the '55 PU.

Fred (SS425), if your still in CA and head home on I-40, stop in Albuquerque and let me treat you to dinner.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I've also been working 60+ hrs a week since I got back from the convention. I got a new Tremec TKO 600 5speed tranny and a 12 bolt rearend with 4.11 gears. :D I figured that I'd have them installed by now but instead I haven't even had a chance to get started on that job. :(

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just finished the tile on the counters ! Will be grouting today.
They applied the finish on the fir floors in the front of the house this morning ,,,now I`m getting high from the fumes,,,dq

Attachments

• Resize of Kitchen Counters Tile.JPG
    Resize of Kitchen Counters Tile.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Resize of Tile Close up.JPG
    Resize of Tile Close up.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 31

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just figured you guys got tired of my dunb questions and decided to giv ya a break.

Been trying to find a way to do a stroker 409 for under $2000

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

I have come upon some interesting ways to do the valves and springs and pushrod lenght's. Maybe.

Ray