Wheel color - 62 Impala

RPOLS3

Well Known Member
FYI - Sounds like there are only (2) Silvertown's in stock in the whole country right now and several sets of the Goodyear's.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have goodyear and overall great look , BUT one tire took 9 0z of wheel weights to balance to be acceptable, have it mounted right rear. Did everything possible to get better. I got the 1" whitewall and turned them in and used tire paint.....cannot tell. Worked good at the track

Last edited:

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
When I used to wrench, I worked on a 58 Bel Air that was 100% bone stock original. It had full wheel covers and silver wheels. Original owner.
I believe that would be 100 % correct, I don't think the Impala was a stand alone model in 58 was it ? I believe the Impala was a model of the Bel Air in 1958? Someone will correct me if this isn't correct

airsurf

Well Known Member
How about 59 Impala wheels with full wheel covers? Also silver with black back? Or body color? I just refurbed my trunk and bought a bias ply tire for the spare. The wheel was from my old green Biscayne and the wheel was green. I painted it black but would like to make it the correct color.

RPOLS3

Well Known Member
Phase 1 of Operation Bias Ply was completed Saturday.

Went down and took the wheels off and ran them to the local tire guy and had the tires dismounted. Thanks to Rusty we've got 5 new reproduction bias ply Goodyear 8.00 x 14 - 1" whitewalls ready to go back on.

Brought the wheels back and cleaned them up and blew some black paint on them as they should have been from the factory. Letting the paint cure a bit and will go back down in another week or two to get the new tires mounted.

Had a chance to get a warranty replacement battery taken care of as well and started up the car and let it run a bit.IMG_0831.JPGIMG_0829.JPGIMG_0830.JPG