Why is there so much hate towards Lowriders?

IlDuce

The way they change the suspention and put in hydraulics.. its the same as putting in a 4 link.... So can someone please explain what the difference is and Why there is so much hate? :cheers

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I would be surprised if anyone on this board hates lowriders. The style is not the style a lot of us would choose for our rides, so lowriders don't rate very high on our favorites scale. Any car that is well built is, and will be, admired by most of us. Cars like those of wickedowesix and badcayne are beautiful and very nicely done but just not what I like for my personal 62.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I do have to admit, I don't understand the purpose of this:

lowrider.jpg

Now this appears to be a gorgeous car...... but one wheel over a foot off the ground, three on the ground and the front fender pointed at the sky. :dunno

but then again, I'm an old fart and there are a lot of things young people do that I don't understand.
:roll

Maybe, just maybe, not understand one another is the root of the problem. :dunno

IlDuce

yeah, maybe its just a misunderstanding between them :dunno

wickedow... those cars are sweet.. is that factory blue? or do you know what they call it?

yeah, maybe its just a misunderstanding between them :dunno

wickedow... those cars are sweet.. is that factory blue? or do you know what they call it?

thank you we are gonna start to build a 60' next. yeah its a factory color on the 58'. . ."cashmere blue" is the name of the color

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There is no hate on this forum. Differances of opinion? Sure,, quite often. Lowriders are a unique form of motor sports. A particular group of enthusiasts enjoy them. That is good. This is America. Build what you want, enjoy what you like. But those who choose to visit or join this forum should understand that not everyone recieves the lowrider with open arms. If a lowrider owner joins this forum to ask for information or contribute information, I am sure he or she will be welcome. He or she should also understand that some remarks will be made that might offend someone with different likes and dislikes . A forum is an exchange of suggestions, ideas, information, opinions, etc. It is always possible, even probable, that someone will disagree. One should accept this as "fact of life" and take it with a grain of salt. If someone gets offended easily, then possible an open forum is not a good way to spend one's time. " Don't sweat the small stuff "..............:):)

but also not everyone is goona like the same taste for cars, my uncles cars that i posted up (58', 59') that have 348's in them and are all original but has wire wheels on air bags

Old School

Supporting Member 1
I know several. They are hard working talented guys who love their cars. Pretty much like us. They don’t belong to gangs and rarely get into any trouble. I have attended many of their shows and have always walked away amazed at the skill level many of the builders. Guys like Skim, who can take a rust bucket we would not drag home if it was free and turn it into a work of art.

I am looking forward to the Las Vegas Lowrider show in Oct. It is always over the “top” .

BTW, I love that 58 and 59 that was posted!

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
the funny part about "lowriders" is that it is immediately associated with the chicanos and southern cal. my extremely white stepdad and all his buddies bought new 62 impalas and lowrided them before they even made any payments. they still have 58's 59's and 60's now scraping ground. all have 348's in them, and they drive them every week. these old white dudes are 60 plus years old now.
we dont hate lowriders, our dads invented them.

I know several. They are hard working talented guys who love their cars. Pretty much like us. They don’t belong to gangs and rarely get into any trouble. I have attended many of their shows and have always walked away amazed at the skill level many of the builders. Guys like Skim, who can take a rust bucket we would not drag home if it was free and turn it into a work of art.

I am looking forward to the Las Vegas Lowrider show in Oct. It is always over the “top” .

BTW, I love that 58 and 59 that was posted!

thanks they are his pride and joy

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Now to really start some hate going here, just be ignorant enough to call a "w'ya" a Big Block.:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll

That Dairy Queen guy will be all over ya.

Don

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Now to really start some hate going here, just be ignorant enough to call a "w'ya" a Big Block.:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll

That Dairy Queen guy will be all over ya.

Don
Heee heeee heeee,,, here I am !!!:takethat

Ya know,, it`s like owning a crotch rocket and joining a chopper forum,,

Same mode of transportation,,,, WAY different way of doing it !!!

Stock appearing lowriders with air bags are cool,,,, hydraulic bouncers with tinny wheels suck !! JMO,,, and I`m sticking with it !!!

O, yeh,, those gold plated mega painted lowriders suck also !!!:evil

Make your own forum,,,,

Click this link to see what I mean,,,
http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/1085284416035778310ZGRHAU

Attachments

• 0710_lrmp_01_z+63_chevrolet_impala+posing_with_model.jpg
    0710_lrmp_01_z+63_chevrolet_impala+posing_with_model.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 0805_lrmp_03_z+1962_chevrolet_impala+batteries.jpg
    0805_lrmp_03_z+1962_chevrolet_impala+batteries.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 0805_lrmp_05_z+1962_chevrolet_impala+on_all_four.jpg
    0805_lrmp_05_z+1962_chevrolet_impala+on_all_four.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 99

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Cherry 64 going down I5

Thats the farthest thing from a CHERRY 64 there is !!!

A lot of Lowriders are true works of art(like the car posted above)

I guess art is in the eye of the bewildered,,,

because the owner does'nt share the same taste as you

The only taste I have after looking at that is the taste of my lunch upchucking !!!

This is a classic car and engine forum, so our opinions of your over done, over abused, so called cherry cars cause us to to loose our lunches ,, get over it and move on !!!

Take a look through or photo section and you will see what a classic car is and how to restore or hotrod one in a tastefull way.
This is what this site is all about.

You came to our forum,,, we didn`t go to yours.
Respect us for our tastes and please quit trying to change our forum to yours,,,

Astro409

Well Known Member
Some people should learn when to keep their comments to themselves. I have seen pictures of add-ons that some of our members have done to their cars that seem to go quite well with some of our members according to the comments I read as responses. However, its happened that its not something I would put on my car or like the way it looks. Nevertheless, I keep my comment to myself instead of writing a response simply because I don't like it. On the other hand, there are some of our members that feel they have to respond to everything even when they don't have anything positive or informed to add. A high school teachers of mine told me once that "usually a fool can go undetected until he opens his mouth". My favorite has to be "if you don't have anything positive to say its better to not say anything".

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
This isn't a Lowrider forum.
If you are looking for others to share your enthusiasm about lowriders, then as mentioned you should go to a Lowrider website/forum.

Astro409

Well Known Member
This isn't a Lowrider forum.
If you are looking for others to share your enthusiasm about lowriders, then as mentioned you should go to a Lowrider website/forum.

There are many "lowrider" car owners that are very proud of their 348 or 409 cars and come here to get informed about the engine. I don't consider myself or my car a "lowrider" but many people see my car as a "lowrider" because of the 14" spoke wheels yet the wheels is ALL that my car has that is not original. I also know a few guys from "LayitLow" that come on here not to push "lowrider" cars onto anyone but because they enjoy the good 348-409 knowlegde in this website.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
let the lowrider guys come in and hopefully enjoy the site. i'm sure they have plenty to add to discussion. almost ALL of their old impalas are clean and HIGHLY modified. they work hard at it like anybody else. i dont share their taste, both my 63's are modified to my taste. one of them is so far from stock....it's not restorable. so far i havent been razzed for it. it fits a certain group taste.
i say live and let live. they are rescuing classics from the crusher same as us.
like i said in an earlier post....my stepdad has the most beautiful 58 bagged scraper with 348 you ever saw. my personal opinion is that 58's are the homliest chevies ever made.........but thats only my opinion. plenty others wont like my cars. thats cool.
:hug

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I for one like all forms of cars & trucks.
My only dislike is for the guy with the hydraulic's driving in the next lane on 3 wheels or draging his *** down the road at any speed or bouncing up & down right next to my car at some show. Thats when I draw the line.

Dave

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Astro409,
Don't Quote me if you don't understand my post.

THE QUESTION IS...... "Why is there so much hate towards Lowriders?"

This is not a LOWRIDER site.
Simply put,..... you will not find very much enthusiam for lowriders here. If Lowriders are what you are into and want to discuss it with somebody else that is passionate about that, then this isn't the right place. There are appropriate websites for that interest.