YOM License Plates

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I got 3 of them, 1 on my 62 BelAir, 1 on my 64 Nova, and 1 on my 77 Hodaka motorcycle. I will post some pictures later, the BelAir and the Hodaka are at a buddys garage, I also have 3 regular historic plates on other vehicles but would like to change them over also.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Here are pictures of the 3 plates I mentioned above, I had the pictures in my phone that I sent to the state when I registered them.

IMG_2032 2.JPGIMG_6288.jpgtempImageKxNkgn.jpg

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Steve New York & Ohio both require both front & rear if the car is was registered with them. NY has a 1 time charge of $ 80.00 to register the car with those plates. I have to ask my son about Ohio.
:crazy:cheers

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
When I bought my Impala in 2010, there was a whole pile of receipts in the glove box which led me back to the 2nd owner and through her to the son of the original owners (who had both since passed). I called him (from Australia) and spoke for over an hour about his Mom and Dad's car, that he'd lost track of after his Mom sold it in 1983. One of the things he sent me when we started emailing each other was a photo of the original Title from when the car was bought new from Bale Chevrolet in Little Rock Arkansas. You'll note on the title that it shows the original license plate number and I had a reproduction made for when I go to car shows. I can't register this plate on the car in Aus, but it's cool to have it.

Attachments

• Title.JPG
    Title.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210929_092853_HDR.jpg
    20210929_092853_HDR.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 20

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Steve New York & Ohio both require both front & rear if the car is was registered with them. NY has a 1 time charge of $ 80.00 to register the car with those plates. I have to ask my son about Ohio.
:crazy:cheers
Butch, Missouri also requires 2 antique plates except for the years that Missouri only had 1 plate, after 71 and any standard issue antique plate you have to run 2. Only the YOM plates before 72 can you have 1 plate only. Missouri also has a 1 time charge to register a Historic vehicle, the plates are permanent as long as you own the car but there are limitations as to how you can drive the car. The YOM plates are considered Historic plates.

bubpletop62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Nice plate. Here in CA the plate belongs to the OWNER and not the car. If or when you sell the vehicle, you can keep plate or sell it I have a personalized plate one on my ‘FI FIVE’ Chevy since 1977 and one on my wife’s ‘95 Mustang ‘WHOA GT’ since new in ‘95. Personalized plates are cool. HOWEVER, YOM are REALLy the best. Congrats!!
Dennis Bubp

Last edited:

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Have attached YOM's to 2 vehicles here in Comiefornia, my 32 Ford and my 65 International Scout. You have to have 2 plates and a correct year reg. tag for approval. The DMV will send photos to Sacramento before they sign off. The plate if basically a personalized plate and with it goes an annual $10 fee on the renewal.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Have attached YOM's to 2 vehicles here in Comiefornia, my 32 Ford and my 65 International Scout. You have to have 2 plates and a correct year reg. tag for approval. The DMV will send photos to Sacramento before they sign off. The plate if basically a personalized plate and with it goes an annual $10 fee on the renewal.
Same here but no annual renewal fee, its a one time charge. Ca must have had 2 plates all the time where as Missouri started 2 plates in 72 so anything before that there is only 1 plate (rear).