YOURS, MINE & OURS PART 2

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Starting on my favorite job..........side windows..:gaah:gaah. I can't say enough about the vent window from Auto City Classic Glass. Drop in on OEM re-chromed frames and cheaper than I could do it myself.

But I digress................I'd rather take a beating than do windows!!:bang

IMG_4874.jpgIMG_4876.jpgIMG_4881.jpg

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I went shopping at the Allen George auction for things I NEEDED for the BelAir. There was a lot of items I wanted......set my price and let it ride. I didn't get any of those items, but that's OK. Really pleased to score a complete rear bumper that is all NOS and in pristine condition. Had to peel the green plastic of a couple of the pieces. Psyched!! Can't wait to clean the 50+ years of dusts off!

IMG_4915.jpgIMG_4919.jpgIMG_4917.jpgIMG_4916.jpgIMG_4922.jpgIMG_4920.jpgIMG_4921.jpgIMG_4918.jpg

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Starting on my favorite job..........side windows..:gaah:gaah. I can't say enough about the vent window from Auto City Classic Glass. Drop in on OEM re-chromed frames and cheaper than I could do it myself.

But I digress................I'd rather take a beating than do windows!!:bang

View attachment 93263View attachment 93265View attachment 93264
I did not like the fact that they stressed to me how important it was that the cores that I took in for replacement of the chrome frames, how they needed to be in good shape …….so when I took them my original vent window frames, I ended up getting a reproduction part…… the pivot stud on the vent window glass frame is riveted on…….They did ensure me, That they have had no issues in the 23 years that they’ve been using the reproduction part….. but then why did I have to give up my originals …….the inside corner on the vent windows are very rough compared to the originals other than that I think they did nice work