Z11 oil pans

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Here is complete post. Just back track to start of thread. Hit double arrows.

Last edited:

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
when I worked for Malcolm Durham, he taught me to TIG weld and make headers. One day when I brought my 63 425SS to work he looked it over very closely and the stories started coming out. at one point he told me he did a LOT of testing and some prototype fab stuff in the Z11 program and that he did modify a big pile of deep pans for the Z11's. I miss him, he was a good friend. it was a rainy, humid, hot day when we buried him.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
when I worked for Malcolm Durham, he taught me to TIG weld and make headers. One day when I brought my 63 425SS to work he looked it over very closely and the stories started coming out. at one point he told me he did a LOT of testing and some prototype fab stuff in the Z11 program and that he did modify a big pile of deep pans for the Z11's. I miss him, he was a good friend. it was a rainy, humid, hot day when we buried him.
Sorry for the loss of your friend …..but very cool story, thank you for sharing…. The events that he shared with you…… what cool memories…..You’re lucky

409forever

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
20221011_111807.jpg
1965 P&A parts book shows 2 part # for 409 both 61-64 only one with 6 qt capacity
Did chevrolet pull a 6 qt pan and modify it for the Z11 and not change or assign a part#
Mystery motor