1960 Pontiac Ventura

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Dan, for a dope like myself........the reason for stepping the control arm is???????..........

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I like the wheel's , that will be a good looking ride!!!!! Get those control arm's welded properly!!!!!:yikes:yikes

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Dan, for a dope like myself........the reason for stepping the control arm is???????..........
By stepping the ball joint up 2" it drops the front end 2". Before there were dropped spindles this is how we got the front down and still retained the full suspension. It was common practice in the 70's through the early 90's.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I like the way the General did it too. As long as you don't do anything that can't be undone I can get by it.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I like the way the General did it too. As long as you don't do anything that can't be undone I can get by it.
Everthing can go back to original in a afternoon. I also have a set of dog dish and steel wheels. Will also be watching for some 8 lugs.

Last edited:

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Everthing can go back to original in a afternoon. I also haVe a set of dog dish and steel wheels. Will also be watching for some 8 lugs.
Dan,
what kind of steel wheels and hub cap do you have? Are they 60 caps? Are they 15" wheels? Those are pretty scarce.