62 Belair Sedan Race Car

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
James is spot on!:goodWe have been very good friends for many decades, I'm pretty sure that I can say we have a wonderful friendship and could write a very suspenseful book. This is us at the Hartland Park Topeka in the very early 90's...following the NHRA circuit! If James needs anything / Something he knows where I live and my number!!!! "BROTHER"20230528_212457.jpg

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
White Lightning with a Blown injected SBC, soon to have a 409 implanted!!! It ran low 9.20's and was underdriven. Big pulley on top. Lol Greg said he's sure it would run in the 8's but he didn't want to get a license :confused He said it ran straight as an arrow with low 1.30's 60 foot times. I just found out the horn button is the Trans brake :doh:brow

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What didn’t you like about the pro-gram caps? I see you moved the outer bolts out to grab a little more meat.
All the caps I have seen use bolt holes inline with the originals. I moved the splayed holes fore & aft to get into more meat as the main webs are undercut in that area. On the blocks I have looked at, 409's are somewhat undercut, 348 was very undercut. May not amount to much. Just my observation. This cap project was originally intended for my project Bella to "show off" what I can do here as I am attempting to venture back into engine building. But this opportunity on White Lightning came up and Bella got put aside for now!
Valve notches next!
Jeff

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I would get handy with a hand held die grinder and smooth the valve relief area in the block, maybe that cylinder head porting guy up north could give some insight on how it should be done.