64 Vette and 64 Impala spindles the same?

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I know you can swap Vette spindles on the control arms but sme bearings/hubs? I have an extra Impal front disc kit and a buddy with a 64 Vette with drums that could use it. Both seem to use same bearings inner and outer.

Reactions: 327

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
63/64 Vet use 1959 Impala spindles, 59-64 same
If you use the entire kit it's critical which kit. If it's a kit that uses the 5514 Chevelle rotor you won't be doing him any favors as that kit moves wheels outward 3/4" per side, bad news for a Vet

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Got ya. I think i have a kit for 14" that has a spacer on the back side of rotor on the spindle and one for 15" I got from you.

Any better kit for the vette? 15" wheels probably ion the future.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got ya. I think i have a kit for 14" that has a spacer on the back side of rotor on the spindle and one for 15" I got from you.

Any better kit for the vette? 15" wheels probably ion the future.
The kit for 14" Impala is the good kit, I sell it for 63/64 also, fits Vet stock 15" wheels, ZERO OFFSET. I advise to install calipers to the front for a Corvette as the calipers supposedly hit the Vet steering arm if installed to the rear. Vets have calipers to front side anyway.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks. That spacer at the back just worries me.
Are we talking about my kit? If so, the spacers move the rotor out about an 1/8" to line it up with calipers but the main reason is for the grease seal . They just sit there, no idea why that would worry you

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I am pretty sure that 65 (1st year for Corvette front disc brakes) through '82 will fit x rames. My '59 Elky has Corvette spindles for iits front brakes, Mike would know for sure.

Last edited:

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
63/64 Vet are exactly same as 59-64 Impala. 65 and up are not the same. They will bolt to Impala ball joints but you must use the complete Corvette brakes with them. And those 4 piston Corvette calipers are ancient history.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Yep your kit. Just worried the spacer would change where the bearing rides on the spindle.

"And those 4 piston Corvette calipers are ancient history."-Leakers! I think Wilwood makes a bolt on replacement.