Headers

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I have seen that too,Ronnie,it seems like a good price.Now if they just made them for a "W"swap into an S-10,I'd be really happy! :D

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
wonder if fit is a problem? ballpeen hammer included to make work for application. Would not bee the first time:dance

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I can tell you that is a GREAT price for those headers. I paid $150 MORE for the set I have!

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I wouldn't pay $.10
Ok, maybe I was a little harsh. :rolleyes

I've never liked headers. Couldn't understand the irrational lust for them.
Every car I've ever had that had headers , was loud, obnoxious and a pain in the a$$ from the rusty, leaky, ugly headers.
I bought a 65 Corvette 365 hp coupe in Anchorage, Alaska in 76 and drove it to Kodiak with loud leaky pipes. As soon as I got it there, I found some orignal 2.5 stock manifolds to replace them. The car was a pain to drive on snow and ice with the stiff clutch and solid lifter 30-30 cam below about 4000 rpm, but after that, it was a handfull. But then so is anything else on snow and ice.
Of course, I don't race, so that's another issue. Just seems a waste of good money unless you are a serious racer looking for every last bit of HP.

482STROKER

Well Known Member
I paid $1125 for my Stahls, so those are about half the cost, my first set of headers I bought new for my 63 Impala cost me $28, that was around 1976,

I wouldn't drive without headers. Good fitting, well designed headers, installed properly.... more power, better fuel economy, cooler running engine, better sound ( unless you're after the utterly smooth silence of a series III V12 Jaguar ), a remarkable tuning aid.... heck, they even look cool.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I respectfully believe that those in the ad are Fender Well headers. They appear to be very close to what I had on my '60 back in the day, and that ad is tempting my heartstrings very heavily. :love:cry :bang

Lonnie

Jerod Jardine

Well Known Member
I respectfully believe that those in the ad are Fender Well headers. They appear to be very close to what I had on my '60 back in the day, and that ad is tempting my heartstrings very heavily. :love:cry :bang

Lonnie
They are under chassis Lonnie. Just trying to move a few sets is all. Built up some inventory..... Been selling a few sets with no fit problems. They are a big header that make power(I'll put them against anything) in a little hole. Old cars with some new parts and some old parts, wore out parts, lotsa variables against the whole 409 community. New parts don't all ways bolt to old parts. The may need a little tweaking and some of that old hot rod ingenuity.
We moved shop to Casper Wyoming. Ron your 64 now lives here and I had my guys give it a wax job last week. 307 234 6499. www.jardinesheaderpalace.com
Thanks,
Jerod

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks Jerod, I stand corrected! Maybe the way they are pictured in the ad, left is right and right is left?? The way the tubes go up and then down to the collector is what gave me the reason to think they were fenderwell. If I reverse them in my mind, then they appear as you say. THANKS!!

Lonnie