Hidden VIN on frame

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Most states have a manual for the DMV inspectors that shows where to find the numbers on the older vehicles. If the inspector knows about it he must be too lazy to look it up.
I've had to educate just about everyone of them that I took an old car to for the VIN inspection……..hey, maybe I could get a job there:think

402 Impala

Well Known Member
Most states have a manual for the DMV inspectors that shows where to find the numbers on the older vehicles. If the inspector knows about it he must be too lazy to look it up.
I've had to educate just about everyone of them that I took an old car to for the VIN inspection……..hey, maybe I could get a job there:think
Lol then theyd really look like tards!!

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry Cecil, no jobs for the over qualified in the government.

bubpletop62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Glad things worked out. BTW just say you purchased this great looking car but the original frame was so rotted, it was replaced with another good frame OR someone put an Art Morrison frame under it. Are you saying the DMV would tell you take a hike?

402 Impala

Well Known Member
Glad things worked out. BTW just say you purchased this great looking car but the original frame was so rotted, it was replaced with another good frame OR someone put an Art Morrison frame under it. Are you saying the DMV would tell you take a hike?
I purchased the car as is with the original frame already in tact, my issue was finding multiple vin #s on the car because the DMV wanted to verify the car wasnt multiple vehicles in one...there was a sargent here who knows and understands not all older cars are the same and so he inspected the car for me and signed off on it (he does this all the time) luckily i was told about him in time to help me out without being forced to go to drastic measures

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not enough folks at the DMV understand that VIN placement has evolved. I'm surprised the inspections haven't stated they want to see the VIN etched in the glass like modern vehicles.:doh

402 Impala

Well Known Member
Not enough folks at the DMV understand that VIN placement has evolved. I'm surprised the inspections haven't stated they want to see the VIN etched in the glass like modern vehicles.:doh
Hahahaha thats what i almost said to the idiots..."would you all like to see the glass vin as well" hahahaha lack of experience and education is the issue here and for the people who are in charge of ones authority of whether the car is approved or not to be licensed and titled

Tomy2tone01

Supporting Member 3
My hidden VINS were under the heater core box, and on the top of the frame directly under the door. I had my VIN's verified by a Police Officer. Then he sent me a letter to say he did so.
1961 Impala Bubbletop!!!

402 Impala

Well Known Member
My hidden VINS were under the heater core box, and on the top of the frame directly under the door. I had my VIN's verified by a Police Officer. Then he sent me a letter to say he did so.
1961 Impala Bubbletop!!!
Thats interesting because i was under the impression that there was nothing behind the heater core box, i know when i started pulling mine off all there was behind it was what looked to be a condensor or aluminum with little fins and nothing more (i never pulled it completly off)

Tomy2tone01

Supporting Member 3
Yes When we had my car stripped apart, we found the VIN on the engine side of the firewall below the heater box.