How I spent the weekend

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Sorry guys, no pictures this week. I have to leave for Indiana in an hour or so. Only worked in the garage a couple of hours, didn't drink any beer. It's a long time til next Sunday, I'm already looking forward to it.
I did get to go to the swap meet and spend some money. I got a nearly awesome bead roller, new in the box for $60. Now I have to figure out how to hook up the old Mercury flat head I have to make it variable speed. We got a new tilt column and all the side trim for Deb's 65 pickup, I got most of the rest of the stuff I needed to hook up the steering on the ChevyII. We picked up the new Vintage air system for the '61.
The best part of the weekend was going to Russ Campbell's place and seeing his collection. I have a lot of stuff but he has a lot of COOL stuff and VERY nice cars. Did I mention that Russ is also a heck of a nice guy?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Russ has a lot of neat stuff but..............I was impressed with his garage doors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Phil is easy to impress...I'm not sure what he is talking about...but I have 18 garage doors. Enjoyed the visit with Merl and Deb. He has more stories than I do. I hope to take his shop tour one day soon. Really good well grounded folks...they are welcome at my house any time....that said I'm not so sure about Phil!!!!!

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
mearls metal working stand 010.JPGmearls metal working stand 001.JPG

Worked in the garage so hard I almost forgot to drink beer. Deb reminded me..." I ain't been drunk now for over two weeks"..., sorry Buffet slips into my head when I drink Landshark. Anyway, Bob and James got me to thinking even a drunk hillbilly should be able to fabricate something, so I took a couple of the carts I bought at the Jasper yard sale and started on a cart for some of my metal working things.
I know, there's a lot left to do but I ran out of Argon and had to stop to catch up on beer.

mearls metal working stand 006.JPG

Attachments

• mearls metal working stand 010.JPG
    mearls metal working stand 010.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 6

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks for sharing Mearl, I'm glad you got to do two of the things that you really enjoy this weekend .........You're living.
I like your garage friends..........

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Your fabrication center looks good Mearl, but I think it should have a small cooler in the empty space in the middle.:beer:D

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Mearl, sorry to say, but looks like you will have to be the next on my hit list of great people to visit on on next journey through the States:D. I will bring beer too and we can get drunk, if you insist..:drunk

Gav

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Just figured out that I'll need a few more TV's in the garage for the start of the start of the collage FOOTBALL season.
Just kidding. Starting at noon & finishing at the start of the last game on Saturday, there will be 31 games on TV in the Detroit, Michigan viewing time slot.
Think I'll be watching only watching one though.
GO BLUE, hail to the victors, MICHIGAN.

Dave

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Mearl, sorry to say, but looks like you will have to be the next on my hit list of great people to visit on on next journey through the States:D. I will bring beer too and we can get drunk, if you insist..:drunk

Gav
Gav.................you should know from the balcony of the motel in Bowling Green........................don't mess with Mearl................HE'S A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Just figured out that I'll need a few more TV's in the garage for the start of the start of the collage FOOTBALL season.
Just kidding. Starting at noon & finishing at the start of the last game on Saturday, there will be 31 games on TV in the Detroit, Michigan viewing time slot.
Think I'll be watching only watching one though.
GO BLUE, hail to the victors, MICHIGAN.

Dave
My son in law is on WTKA before the Michigan game. Steve Clarke.
Our daughter and the 2 grandkids will be at the game.
Dave I am sending you a note on a part for your convertible.

I am picking up a new TV for the garage 48" for me to watch.... even convinced the wife.
Paul

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Wah-hoo, 3 1/2 day weekend; should have been 4 but I had to move the parts dept. at Jasper Friday morning.
Anyway, worked in and on the garage, drank some beer...
Went to look at a real Henry J gasser for 64 Chevydude, it may be too far gone.Henry J 008.jpg
Believe it or not, this car was in gray primer with a straight axle and a hemi with 8 one barrel carbs when I went off to the Air Force in 1975. Who would believe such deterioration in only 41 years.
For all you guys who think I'm perfect and have no vices, here is proof of at least one. I bought this vice from an old guy in Germany who said it had been left there by the Romans when they fled in 409 a.d. It had stopped working; just a bolt fell out of the bottom. I replaced the bolt and greased it up like Ned Beatty in Deliverance; it works like it did 1500 years ago.
vise 005.jpg