How I spent the weekend

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Well done Mearl......and the vice will live on for future generations.........cheers......:beer

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Wah-hoo, 3 1/2 day weekend; should have been 4 but I had to move the parts dept. at Jasper Friday morning.
Anyway, worked in and on the garage, drank some beer...
Went to look at a real Henry J gasser for 64 Chevydude, it may be too far gone.View attachment 47856
Believe it or not, this car was in gray primer with a straight axle and a hemi with 8 one barrel carbs when I went off to the Air Force in 1975. Who would believe such deterioration in only 41 years.
For all you guys who think I'm perfect and have no vices, here is proof of at least one. I bought this vice from an old guy in Germany who said it had been left there by the Romans when they fled in 409 a.d. It had stopped working; just a bolt fell out of the bottom. I replaced the bolt and greased it up like Ned Beatty in Deliverance; it works like it did 1500 years ago.
View attachment 47857
Get your spray gun out Merle ,it's ready for paint!!!!!:laughing

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Worked in the garage, drank some beer. Took the 63 to a car show at Poplar Bluff yesterday then came home and went to my nephews wedding; no fights and no copperheads in the field.
prarie hollow gorge 012.jpg

Got too comfortable so I thought I'd bush hog a little; killed my mower. Hit a big 'ol rock and broke off the center hub with the blades.

henry j ford 010 (128x96).jpg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Worked in the garage, drank some beer. Took the 63 to a car show at Poplar Bluff yesterday then came home and went to my nephews wedding; no fights and no copperheads in the field.
View attachment 47979

Got too comfortable so I thought I'd bush hog a little; killed my mower. Hit a big 'ol rock and broke off the center hub with the blades.

View attachment 47981
Now you have to fix your mower ,and drink more beer!!!:D

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Didn't work in the garage, did drink a little beer. Mostly drove 1,000 miles to and from swap meets, as detailed in my other post. Didn't fix my bush hog, car stuff got in the way (priorities). Came home from St. Louis with good intentions of cleaning the chimney, started raining about the time I got on the roof so I watched racing and drank beer.

weekend 17 sept 002.JPG

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
And now Just for Mearl,
14264842_643536195824415_8171777188993684943_n.jpg
:laugh:roll:drunk

Gav

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Mearl, you're a man I admire greatly..........

lot's of chevys, like me
still working, unlike me
organized, unlike me
disciplined, unlike me
loves beer, like I used to but not so much anymore
orange cat, like one of my wife's many cats (pay attention Bob....I can send you some..I'm sure she wouldn't miss them)
still have hair, unlike me

Exactly what I want to be like when I grow up......except for the job part.:D

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nothing like a nice pork roast or home smoked ham with the rind on, honey mustard coating.:snack

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Mearl i think Cecil is right ,you need more drinking buddy's {cat's},you look kinda lonely!!!!!!!!:D