Iowa 348/409 Drag Race July 23,24, & 25 at Onawa Dragway $ 4000 payout now….to the racers

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Looks like I'm the only one who will be coming from the west. Not the west coast but Utah is probably the furthest west on any other members coming. Really looking forward to the event. Haven't seen an answer on the availably of racing fuel. I couldn't find any info on their website. Thanks.

Joel

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Joel,
I will check, we have racing fuel dealers in Sioux City 30 miles north,
I have friends we purchase racing fuel for their high compression street cars. My friend purchases 5 or 10 gallons at a time. I am sure the local racers have a method, the track managers will know.
Paul

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Dave, might try and make it with my red 61 B.top just as a extra car to show my support....pulled my 409 for my Biscayne (doesn't look like it will be done) small health issues; but would love to come and hang with you all...about 3&1/2 hrs. away...so not to bad. Sounds like a great venue, Dean

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
By the way Paul, with the clutch pieces a got from you( for my Biscayne), though i haven't tried it out yet seems to went just fine.... though i have not ran the steering shaft thru the maize of the clutch linkage and headers yet..LOL

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Is this a for sure event? It's not on their calendar. I'm ready to buy my plane ticket. Note: Onawa has the widest main street in the US. I grew up around there and took my high school car (65 Impala) to some event celebrating that in the 80's. I think they made the pic into a postcard.
This is very real. They booked the other racers who headline before we were able to get our group ready. Remember 348-409 drag racing doesn't have a sanctioning body like many groups have had for years. While they are regulars at the different tracks, we (like a family reunion always is) try to get together when we can to see each other. Give me a call if you have any questions. 515-850-8234 or Call Paul, he lives up that way. 712-223-1962

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Yes please call if needed. I was just at the track last week with the track manager- its only 30 miles south of me.
I just spoke to the track manager, she is adding us to the Hot Rod Havoc weekend -we will be added to the event schedule by Monday night.
She is parking racers for their racing event this weekend so is not by her computer.
Paul

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well, got a room, so will be there with my 61 Bubble (street car) but... WILL putt, putt it down the strip....LOL . Looking forward to seeing you Dave, Paul, James?, and others i met at couple of previous races...be safe!
Just about bet you will beat me in speed and time but this will be bracket racing so the plan is to crush the competition 10 seconds at a time. ;)

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks like 10 racing with Nate and Dean. Sure would be nice to have a full field. A little over a month until race day. Looks like a darned nice purse these guys have drummed up.....:burnout:burnout plus free entry for car and 1 crew member.
I'm still getting word out to different groups and clubs. My guess is we will get around 20-25. Either way, we will have a blast. I'm going to bring the 379/333 heads I cut up for anyone that wants to take a look inside factory head castings. Interesting how much more you can learn from seeing how the castings are made on the inside.