Jardine Update

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Jared Jardine

I think Jerod Jardine's e-mail is headerpalace@rocketmail.com
I am not sure how much he reviews it.
I call him on his cell phone at 307-851-2724. He has a interesting voice mail it makes you laugh about what info he asks you to leave as a voice mail.

I note that they are now selling Jardine headers on the ShowCars web site for 58-64's.

Paul

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hurst 4 speed shifter

Yes the shifter is an H pattern and feels just like my other 4 speed cars.

Paul

BiscayneDave

Jardine headers

I am interested in a set for a 61 biscayne with a 62 QB 409. I am building the car to look as if it were on the strip in 1961,1962 so nothing flashy. what size would i need to run beside a stock starter
Thanks

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Jardine Headers

Jerod recommended that I use a mini starter with my 2" headers.
I have yet to get the headers installed, to fit the mini starter I have to check clearance. I am not sure on his smaller headers, you could ask him.

Paul

dynoray

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
2 inch headers

Paul,i noticed in one of your pictures you have a lakewood bellhousing on the engine.are you using it in the car,with the Jardines? my buddy has the exact same headers for his 62,and they won't clear the lakewood on the pass. side.Jardine is supposed to remedy that.good luck,car looks great. Ray

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I wish I had known that. I have a Lakewood I could have installed before I took the Biscayne to Jerry and Jerod.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Jardine headers

Ray,
Thanks for the comment, you are correct on the lakewood scattershield. I was trying to install the passenger side this weekend and a couple of times before, and you are right, I can't seem to get them to fit. I haven't tried the drivers side yet.

Jerod is has been very helpful about the headers, and I will contact him to get one that will fit. Only problem is the ones I have are already ceramic coated. I should have waited until I got the motor in the car before coating them.

When did you friend have his problem, recently? Do you know when the different header for the passenger side will be done? Did your friend get the drivers side installed, any suggestions - I will be trying this week to get it installed.

Paul Stensland

dynoray

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
fitment

Paul,ok,this has been going on for about a month now.the drivers side is almost perfect fit.maybe a little grinding off of the lower a-arm bracket.They know about the pass side and my buddy has tried calling lately with no response.maybe they are away for the new year.Also,another problem is if you want to hook up an exhaust to the headers,the collectors are way too close to the floor of the car,and there is really no way for the pipe to clear as it bends around under to hook up to a muffler.Jardine is supposed to fix this as well. i'm sure they will straighten things out.he is supposed to get a new set from them. keep in touch,Ray.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Jardine headers

I have some muffler connectors that Jerod made for my headers. My headers do not have header flanges . They have tapered ends and will attach with clamps, that Jerod provided.

I will try to get the drivers side installed in the next dayor so(hopefully like you noted it will fit nice). I can then post some pictures, including the connectors that Jerod made for my headers, for connection
to 2 1/2 " inlet mufflers.

I will be calling Jerod in the next day or two on the passenger side header.

Paul

dynoray

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
he has the same connectors you have.the problem is,is that the headers are way too tucked up under the car(floor board area) and when you try to hook up a pipe from their connector,it will hit as is bends around to go to the muffler.maybe your's is not as high,but i'm thinking it is.why would your's be different,i don't know.we can get a picture if you need. Ray

Jerod Jardine

Well Known Member
Didn't you guys get the hammer in the box? Not big enough? We did find the problem with the Lake wood bell housing so hold tight. It hangs way out there. The stock bell housing leaves about 6.5" to the frame rail and the Lakewood gives about 3.5". I'll get all with fit problems a new right side. Ron was good to bring down his other 409 to get this squared away. Thank you guys for the cooperation and I should have something end of next week. Yes the street hookups need a little help also.;)
Thanks,
Jerod.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Jerod
The Lakewood is boxed and will go UPS tomorrow, 1/7. To unpack, unscrew the bottom. It is boxed so the Lakewood won't break.:roll