My 409 build

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
I have been looking this project for a while now and every time I have been drooling over my keyboard. It is hard to beat a 409 with a Cross Ram intake setup and this one is done really beautifully. It would be a dream come true to have an engine like this under the hood of my Impala some day...
Thank you sir ! Over a period of 2 years my dream came true with the car and engine ! It will happen !

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
That looks like what I did Mike...just the opposite haha !! I'm not far enough along to hit the key on mine yet to know for sure but it looks like it should not be a problem but I have thought that before ! Thanks for the pictures Mike. If my deal is a bust, this will be my move !

awsumcars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I'd like to know the same thing since I didn't know there were 2 designs either. I've got a brand new Edelbrock #8858 WP that I will probably be selling soon, but according to the date on the box it is from 2008 so I'd guess it's the 1st design. Is that a bad thing? I'm planning to use an electric water pump on mine.
What'll it take to put that Eldy water pump on mine???:brow

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
The more parts and pieces I hang and hook up to the motor the uglier it gets ! I have also figured out that the brackets that are offered for our motors don't fit and take quite a bit of work to get them right !

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
The work you've done Kevin looks fantastic.........I hate the brackets and crowding the beautiful W.........I know a lot of guys don't like billet but I love the serpentine system cleans everything up.I personally don't care for stock.then again my pockets aren't very deep........but again it looks damn nice.....be proud