New place to store my toys and me

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bryan that looks like a super place. Ohi0 is such a pretty state. I guess you can just drive your car to the track now! Wish I had a shop that big.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I'm really happy that it all worked out for you Bryan, I know how tough it was to get through all the bull that comes from the bailed out banking system. Most people would have given up but not us hillbilly's. I'll be at your new digs and park my Harley next to the bar.

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Damn Brian, If there is such a thing as HEAVEN ON EARTH, I do believe that you have found it!!!! Enjoy it, I think it might take you a while to fill a 70x70 with 409 parts!!!!! You might have to ask Phil for a helping hand. :bow:bow
Mike and Diana

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'm really happy that it all worked out for you Bryan, I know how tough it was to get through all the bull that comes from the bailed out banking system. Most people would have given up but not us hillbilly's. I'll be at your new digs and park my Harley next to the bar.
Anytime Ray.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
HOLY MOLY Bryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MacKenzie is a slut!!!!!!!!! He's told me for years I was his hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two timer I guess?????????????
At your price..............you stole it in my opinion!!!!!

Phil is right. Well, not about Dick but about the fact that you stole it. You couldn't build the building for what you paid for the whole thing. Very nice! I am way jealous....:sorry2

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks everyone! I actually paid $133,000 but it was still a steal as the appraisal came back at $125,000 but they only valued the building at $20,000 I told them you couldn't put the concrete in for that much.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Bryan: I'm not familiar with land prices in that area, but just for comparison's sake I thought I'd mention that I recently looked at a small parcel of land (2.5 acres) about 10 minutes from my house that had a large shop and a small house on an adjacent lot next to a new subdivision. Owned by a general contractor I know, he used it as headquarters while he built out the subdivision, now he seeks to sell it. Asking price was over $300K. Yours is a deal compared to that.

I'm still wrestling with some legal and engineering issues related to my own "Manshed" build, and some progress has been made (after spending about $15K out of pocket for Legal and for Engineering). I'm already into that overall project for a tidy sum for the lot and the 40' by 60' foundation. Next up is the construction itself, which I estimate to cost around $45 per square foot. Building will be 4460 square feet. It's rapidly getting more expensive but I'm committed to the effort :).

In order to secure the construction loan the bank says I need to show some income from the building, so I have decided to include a two bedroom two bath unit on the main level just to satisfy that requirement. That takes about 1000 square feet from my personal use. If all goes as expected I hope to be pouring concrete this Winter :) :) :).

Good luck with your new venture. Next time I drive out to the suburbs of Cleveland to visit Mom I'll try to arrange to stop by and toast your new place :).

Cheers!
TomK

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks everyone! I actually paid $133,000 but it was still a steal as the appraisal came back at $125,000 but they only valued the building at $20,000 I told them you couldn't put the concrete in for that much.
$133,000:drop:cloud. Dam you are certainly on the winning side there. That place here in NZ would be an easy 500K plus.
At that price you had better make plenty of allowance for a lot of visitors. And i 'll crash between the bar and Ray's Harley. :drunk

And a big congrats on the purchase.

Gav