Norwalk

RPO587

Supporting Member 1
I sure hated to have to leave early Friday afternoon, but Uncle Sam had other plans for me and my weekend! :cuss Oh well, when duty calls...
Still, it was great to see old friends and make a few new ones too. Catch you all again next year!

Mark

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I sure hated to have to leave early Friday afternoon, but Uncle Sam had other plans for me and my weekend! :cuss Oh well, when duty calls...
Still, it was great to see old friends and make a few new ones too. Catch you all again next year!

Mark

Mark....Candy & I sure enjoyed our visit with you!!

Can you say here "what you do"???? I think the guys would be inyterested.

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You know how I hated to miss this gettogether :bang But with these pictures it made it better. Some of these races were good to look at and the sound of the mighty W at full song should have been fantastic. I hope that the F**d and Mo**r guys got a little respect for the mighty motor.:D I just got to go next year. Can anyone give a run down on some of the times, I see that some were running in the 9's:eek: I thank Bob for starting this fantastic site and Phil for having the convention so we can do more than peck on a keyboard. By getting together like Norwalk we gain strength by the knowledge we share with each other.:hug Roy

RPO587

Supporting Member 1
Mark....Candy & I sure enjoyed our visit with you!!

Can you say here "what you do"???? I think the guys would be inyterested.

Phil,

I truly enjoyed meeting you and Candy and the brief visit we had too!

I'm in the USAF and give refresher Survival Training to our aircrews. This encompasses all aspects of SERE (Survive, Evade, Resist, Escape).

Some call us "bug eaters" or "snake eaters".

From my experience, bugs offer more variety of tastes! :roll
When I'm not training my crews, I'm maintaining and repairing the equipment which they might use in the event of a bailout, ditching, or crash landing.

Mark

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Phil,

I truly enjoyed meeting you and Candy and the brief visit we had too!

I'm in the USAF and give refresher Survival Training to our aircrews. This encompasses all aspects of SERE (Survive, Evade, Resist, Escape).

Some call us "bug eaters" or "snake eaters".

From my experience, bugs offer more variety of tastes! :roll
When I'm not training my crews, I'm maintaining and repairing the equipment which they might use in the event of a bailout, ditching, or crash landing.

Mark

Mark,
When I went through the classroom part of survival school in 65 in Pensacola, the instructor kept a snake in the classroom. Anyone caught nodding off in class had to hold the snake for the rest of the period. do you guys still do that? Very effective, I never got sleepy.:eek:

RPO587

Supporting Member 1
Cecil,
I too, took my water survival at Pensacola, but under Air Force auspices. No such "snake handling" practice exists today. At least not to my knowledge. I'd guess it would be considered an act of animal cruelty or some such **** :roll
BTW, Like your avatar. In my opinion, the dash 1 Corsairs are the prettiest things that man has ever hammered out of metal. The '62 Impala SS runs a close second.
;)