Real 61 SS ...NOT

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Bob, Now I dont have to wonder about it anymore. I guess these were stashed under the back seat as were the later models? Thanks again...

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Ronnie,

I've been told the they were behind the seat, behind the door panels etc, also up under the dash behind the speedometer. I just never found one. I restored a 66 396 Chevelle a few years ago and the build sheet was on top of the gas tank.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I pulled one out of a 64 SS 327/300...different than the broadcast posted from the 63...any of you east coast guys seen a 64 Satin silver /Black vinyl 4 spd running around with a stroked 409 anywhere? When I sold it 5-6 years ago I heard it went out east somewhere...

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
61SS Badges

For those who have not seen the trunk and quarter panel emblems for a 61 SS, I dug these out of my junk pile and will try to get some decent pics posted. I took these off a Jewel Blue and White 61 that had been T-boned in Sacramento when I lived there in about 83. I could have bought the whole car but I thought it was too far gone to fix. No engine or trans but it did have 348 or 409 exhaust manifolds still in the engine compartment. The guy also had a 63 340hp wagon I could have bought for $1500.:doh At least I got the emblems.

Attachments

• 61SS2.jpg
    61SS2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 55

bobs409

Administrator
You might try doing a search for "completed" items on ebay to find that car. Not sure how long they are kept but worth a shot.

Bob

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I seen a silver with a black top on a trailer headed east a couple weeks ago and it looked like the same car I had seen parked along side a highway for sale some weeks earlier. However this car I believe had a black painted top. I thought to myself somebody bought that one. Guess I should keep notes as to where I see stuff like this. I see a lot of interesting cars in my travels. Sorry I couldn't be more help.:doh
Ray