ROCK N RACE 2022 JULY 8-10

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I thought they decided to cancel the meltdown drags in August Kieth?
I had not heard that……. I just had heard that it would be the last one….. well I just looked it up and it looks like you’re correct so maybe I will be in Ohio this year…… I had never been to that event and I was really looking forward to it

Thank you for setting me straight Nate……!!! You’re a good man……!!!

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The meltdown drags were the best, 3 days of fun drags. :good
My wagon was a back up for the last Meltdown but I was 10th on their list and they only needed 5 or 6 more to show for the cut off. I really didn't have it dialed in that well at that point but even once I did, then I let the carbs get the best of me. Dah. Such an epic event. I just had a blast getting pictures and 360VR video and images of the racing action. So cool!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had not heard that……. I just had heard that it would be the last one….. well I just looked it up and it looks like you’re correct so maybe I will be in Ohio this year…… I had never been to that event and I was really looking forward to it

Thank you for setting me straight Nate……!!! You’re a good man……!!!
Hey Keith,
You better make sure that you can attend next year. All going well in this current F_ _Ked up world of ours I will be attending in 2023.
3 years later from when we had previously booked to attend.

Gav

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
What a bummer. I was at the last meltdown drags & planned to attend this year. It was a long trip but well worth it. So it looks as if my schedule for long trips has changed. So put me on the list for the R&R race & I am really going to try to get there. Also hoping to get to the Iowa event if they have another one this year. Will also attend the Pacific Raceway event on the West Coast. Will put out more info on it as I receive it. Looking forward to a great 2022 racing season.:)

Joel

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Joel, I’m hopeful Paul and Randy can get the Iowa race date close to the R&R race so i can make both of them this year also! Even if there not I’ll make both races! Look forward to seeing you again Joel!!
We are actively working out details on the Iowa race. Getting a good date is always the issue and the track we prefer (going back to Tri-State in North East Iowa) doesn't really have any other fun events going on like gassers or super stock cars. There is a group the Manager of the track is checking with to see if they would like to come over and race the same weekend we may want to be there. We shall know more very soon. Purse is already $3000 and I plan on making it more than that. Joel, if you and Barry make it over I'm going to assure you neither of you will get first this year while I'm there. Going to Tri-State also means I have a beef with Paul to settle from back in 2019.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
We are actively working out details on the Iowa race. Getting a good date is always the issue and the track we prefer (going back to Tri-State in North East Iowa) doesn't really have any other fun events going on like gassers or super stock cars. There is a group the Manager of the track is checking with to see if they would like to come over and race the same weekend we may want to be there. We shall know more very soon. Purse is already $3000 and I plan on making it more than that. Joel, if you and Barry make it over I'm going to assure you neither of you will get first this year while I'm there. Going to Tri-State also means I have a beef with Paul to settle from back in 2019.

Why do you have to tag along with a different group, aren't we are own group?
I would pick a weekend that didn't have anything going on, then you can have more track time.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Why do you have to tag along with a different group, aren't we are own group?
I would pick a weekend that didn't have anything going on, then you can have more track time.
We thought at first it would be nice to have other cars there but you are partly right. We had more than enough fun last time we had 20 cars there. Need to bring in more than that this year. A lack of other cars would give us more runs. :good

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Track owner is not gonna open his track up to 20 or 30 cars to have there little race. There’s got to be something else going on to justify it profit wise. Unlike Thompson i was very impressed with how we were treated at Dragway 42 at there race. And was treated great at the Iowa race last year!

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Track owner is not gonna open his track up to 20 or 30 cars to have there little race. There’s got to be something else going on to justify it profit wise. Unlike Thompson i was very impressed with how we were treated at Dragway 42 at there race. And was treated great at the Iowa race last year!
We will have more information soon. Onawa was great but track property is having issues not Gari and Gary who are leasing it. They are great! I'll have more to post very soon.